Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Low Mileage 1990 HDJ81 80 1HD-T 12V Auto VX Limited - Semi Overland Prepped

Cptsideways

Garage
I am thinking of selling my HDJ81, I hardly use it anymore & I'd be happy seeing it going to a new home, its that or I stick it in long term storage.

2013-10-20_11-41-31_210_zps4dd8bb59.jpg

More pics below

It's been converted to a camper/sleeper as this has been my race car support vehicle for the past 5 years, its a basic set up that would double up as an overlander with ease. The conversion is easily removed I have the other rear seat for it. I have only used on the road to and from race meetings. Never uses any water, no oil topups required between 5k services

1990 HDJ81 Auto JDM VX Limited Model Silver over Red
1HD-T 4200 TD 12V
212k KM,s
Will have a years MOT on it, Taxed Till end of October 2013
Earlier type 3 speed auto with lockup (hydro model) spot on
VX Limited Model, so has AC/Fridge/Cruise/Grey Alacantara Suede Seats/Compass 5 Seater with the drop down tailgate
Electric folding mirrors
Bluetooth stereo
Centre switchable Diff Lock & Rear LSD Diff
50mm Towbar & Electrics
Fully waxoyled every couple of years since I have owned it
Tubular shorty front bumper (so it fits in my garage!} Original deep version JDM bumper will come with it)
Side exit exhaust
Oil catch can on breathers (never caught any oil though!!)
Original Toyota floor mats all round
Rear chrome tinted windows
Custom built toolbox in the drop down tailgate with toolkit

2 sets of wheels & tyres
1 set of 32"x12.5 15's Hankook MT's 10mm all round on The Gold SSR Split Rims (plus spare one underneath)
1 set of 275/75/16 Michelin winter tyres 8mm all round on 5 spoke alloys (plus an unused spare tyre)

Serviced & maintained on a 6 monthly or 5k mile basis regardless
Recent brake discs & pads all round, New Brake Master Cylinder
BEBS done with ACL's 2 year ago, with evidence
New OE rear shocks last year
Has been 100% utterly reliable in all the years I have owned it

This Landcruiser is in amazing condition considering its age, it came from Japan as a mint car & I have tried to keep it that way. It currently has my private KVX 50's plate on it which could go with it subject to negotiation. There are a few minor faults with it, though nothing to stop it being used, eg sticky drivers window & a sqeaky speedo cable. The AC & fridge all work fine but I replaced the O rings on the system due to a slow leak & it needs a regas otherwise its fully functional AC. The rear windows have been disabled. The original 8 stereo speakers are well past their best.

There is no rust on the tailgate!!!! or pretty much anywhere else & it drives like a car 1/4 of its age, considering this is one the very first 80's built a testament to the build quality of these things.

Looking for £6k with the private plate or open to negotiation without it & or the two sets of tyres. Delivery is possible Europe wide, I'd happliy drive this anywhere in the world tomorrow.

Serious enquieries to 07970642129 please Declan

Pictures to follow once I've given it a polish up this afternoon

Last edited:
Are there many parts differences between grey Jap import HDJ81 and UK spec 80's?

Not many, but typically you don't get front and rear lockers, but you get a rear LSD. And some of the models get a fridge too. Also there is a 24v auto version which you don't get here. They aren't really grey imports, they're imports straight and simple. Every bit as good and less salty winters on them so underneath they tend to look fantastic.

Hi Chris, sorry that's not what I really meant, I was more wondering about spare parts availability/part number identification that kind of thing?

Yogi, they're the SAME.

You get different parts on different models across the world, but there aren't those sorts of international differences. Wheel bearing - same. Exhaust - same. Brakes disc - same. Seat motor - same. Windscreen same. Oil filter - same

Getting the picture? That's why I said they weren't grey imports. In essence, what you have is a world wide 80 series sales brochure. It's just that you can't get all of the models in all of the countries, but all you are missing really is 'options' The transfer case off one from Oz should fit straight onto one in Croydon.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Chris, that's what I wanted to hear! Its also what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure.

Like your new truck by the way.:icon-cool:

Cheers, yes I think it's going to work out just fine.

Need to get you into one though. This looks like a smart example.

Have one, how would you put it, provisionally bought??
So watch this space, only problem is I'm up to my eyes at the minute so it'll be about 10 days before I'm actually the owner!

Watch this space.

Hi Chris

Lovely looking car. The camper/sleeper conversion looks great, simple, elegant and functional. Did you make that yourself? Good luck with your sale.

Byron

Hi Chris

Lovely looking car. The camper/sleeper conversion looks great, simple, elegant and functional. Did you make that yourself? Good luck with your sale.

Byron

I built the bed arrangement yes, its fairly sturdy & built for the long run, neat & simples. It can be unbolted in about 20 mins, but i leave it in as it handy for doubling up the load space.

Looks like it might sold, sans number plate to a chap who used to have an identical one. Going in the next week or so.

Just as the snow arrives knowing my luck!

Back