Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LPG Cruiser

paul c

Thanks to everyones imput about LPG or diesel and 4 or 5 speeds. I picked up a 53 plate V8 with an LPG conversion done 2 1/2 years ago and with a lubrication system. She has the 5 speed box and has done 109000 miles with a full service history. Wow what a diference! Loads of power and a super smooth ride. The V8 rules over my old diesel 80. Now I have to sell the 80 as the Boss has made it clear only 1 Cruiser!

Nice one - well done. :)

Would you mind saying how much you got the 100 for - just a ball-park figure would do, just to give an idea. Thanks.

I'm sure there may be some interest in your 80 on here too. Good luck.

Hi chadr I paid £11600 for it. It has all the mots,bill for conversion (£2000),LPG certificate and other comsumable invoices. Drove back quickly over 90 miles after filling with LPG, then refilled with gas when home. Cost of journey on LPG £26 at an expensive shell garage, 79p a litre. So if I take it easy who knows! Great truck though.

Thanks for the info.

Those figures work out to be just over 12mpg, which isn't bad considering the circumstances. I'm sure you could squeeze out a few more mpg over the long term......

How much is the (emissions based) road tax nowadays for a post 2001 petrol 100 ?

Road tax doesn't get silly till March 2006.

Well Paul welcome to the LC100 LPG Cruisers Club. You (and your wife) won't regret your new purchase. If it's the one thing I miss on my LPG cruiser, it's the 5 speed auto gear box but I'm not complaining. The Prinns LPG conversion makes up for that and yeah you're right a V8 4.7 beats the oil burner hands down. It's a real shame that they don't have a LPG infrastructure here in South Africa as the oil burners here couldn't pull granny out of bed. Alas that's why I'm now on the hunt for a nice UK spec diesel HDj80 (yes Jon, you heard right, they do come with a turbo and a intercooler, don't they?) as my main mode of transportation when I'm in SA.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
80's only come with an intercooler if one has been retro fitted John but UK spec 80's were all either 1HD-T (12 valve) or 1HD-FT (24 valve) engines so have a turbo :icon-cool:

Hi Dark Dude.
I love being a member of the LC100 LPG Cruisers club. My wife can not get over how smooth and comfortable it is and how quick it is. Got 13.5mpg on gas which is about a 25mpg running cost, much better than diesel. I think it is congestion charge excempt after notifying TFL.Will be pulling my 3500kg Ifor Williams trailer tomorrow and my twin axle caravan on the weekend. By the way visited your favourite Morrisons LPG station at the weekend which was cheaper than Shell and got a points card as well.

Paul

My wife (bless her) couldn't sing her praises high enough when we "swopped" our Vauxhall Frontera for the sheer luxury of a LC100 and that was before it's conversion to LPG. After the conversion it was like WTF! Then after we got all the spheres sorted out on the AHC system ( which should take the full credit of putting a smile on BOTH our lady's faces), it was OMG! Shame our wives will never meet and swop notes. You should have seen the look on Sharon's face when Jon introduced to The Beast. Why I didn't take a pic of her I will never know????

I really don't know what Shell are playing at but it's their loss not mine. Morrisons is the ONLY game in London town as far as LPG is concerned. Lucky for me that there are TWO on my patch and that my home town is Wolverhampton, which is the capital of cheap LPG fuel in the UK. Happy daze! JC

Last edited:
80's only come with an intercooler if one has been retro fitted John but UK spec 80's were all either 1HD-T (12 valve) or 1HD-FT (24 valve) engines so have a turbo :icon-cool:

Then retrofit intercooler it is then.......

JC

Back