Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LPG warnig noise and light.

paul c

Ok I have had my V8 a couple of months now and am really enjoying it. I love the sound and speed of it but there appears to be an issue! When I accelerate hard from pulling away and pick up speed there is a buzzer that sounds and a red light flashes instead of a green one. The only way to make it stop is to turn off the engine and re-start. The car starts and everything is back to normal.

Do you think it is being starved of LPG? Under normal driving conditions there are no problems.

Thanks

This happens on my 80 but doesn't continue, it's just fuel surge I think, once the surge has settled down the bleeps stop.

It's the pressure in your lpg tank. When the tank is below half full the pressure isn't as much and the Ecu reads it as not getting enough fuel when you plant the boot so the empty tank buzzer sounds. Just switch off the LPG ,leave it for a few minutes then switch it back on. You don't need to stop or switch off your engine as it automatically switches to petrol when the buzzer sounds.

Cheers for that Zeusv8. That makes sense and removes a worry. Next time it happens I will do as you say.

ps Hope you find a buyer for your V8

Paul c

Back