Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LSPV removal - Non ABS version

I did buy the replacement LSPV first Shayne, and had every intention of fitting it, my job isn't a straightforward replacement though as the bracket has disintegrated as well, the mounting bolts have sheared which means I need to drop the fuel tank. I can't face it. Done it before when I replaced my fuel lines. Not a hard job but I know if i start that, I'll end up needing new strap brackets, more drilling & tapping etc.
My other reason, to do it right, I'll also need to rebuild or replace the sensing arm. When you add all the bits up,with a new bracket, you're looking at about £300.00.

I think the LSPV system works well on a new standard truck, but it doesn't work so well with lifted suspension, big tyres, Carrying around a load of weight etc. As these trucks get older, I prefer to simplify where possible, otherwise it gets to a point where its not always easy to repair.

If the truck is lifted with uprated springs, on bigger tyres and/or carrying some additional weight, I’d be removing the LSPV while the opportunity is there.

Mine is all of that,which I would imagine represents a high proportion of owners.

My LSPV is not working, and the bracket is rotten as well. I undid the brake pipes and they all crumbled and snapped.
Thinking of changing to a manual brake bias valve, but what is the 3rd brake line that goes to the LSPV? Is it only on trucks with ABS?

2 lines connect to the side, and one that goes to the rear axle.

I would probably mount it in the cab and replace the brake pipes with braided hose.

I am thinking of this type, as it has 7 points to set it to,

http://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/adjustable-brake-proportion-valve-bias-adjuster-lever-type-678/

I have removed the LSV on my truck done that when i replaced springs and shocks with ironman over 4 years ago and have towed light trailers and very heavy trailers run empty and loaded and feel the brakes are better with more sensetivity and i brake left footed

I have removed the LSV on my truck done that when i replaced springs and shocks with ironman over 4 years ago and have towed light trailers and very heavy trailers run empty and loaded and feel the brakes are better with more sensetivity and i brake left footed

I've driven mine a fair bit now & it brakes fine with no additional biasing valve.

Back