Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lumpy and jumpy into gears

Stef.morley

Country Flag
uk
Hello all,
My 100 series 4.2 TD is getting a little thuddy for want of a better word going into gears on the auto box ?? Please advise you knowledgeable lot. Thanks Stef.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put some Lucas auto gearbox oil remedy type stuff in mine as it would clunk on upshift seems to have done the trick for the moment mine more than likely needs an oil and filter change a member with far superior knowledge on the intricacies of auto gearbox voodoo may be able to point and advise you in the right direction for you problem with a bit more detail as is it clunky on every gear shift or just one gear change when was the oil last changed along with the filter what colour is the oil is it a nice cherry red or a not so nice brown with a burnt smell so if you can supply a bit more information on your problem it would help a great deal

Thuddy for me brings to mind general play in the drivetrain , slightly worn rubber bushes that alone make little difference but combined might allow for half inch free play .

im wondering how long mine will last on 255000 miles now,even though its sealed for life (ha ha) i do drain and fill so it is getting an exchange of fluid

Back