Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Magnetic Base Work Light.......

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
........I was on the cusp of buying myself a LightForce magnetic base work light http://www.lightforce.net.au/products/p ... yworklight for the sum of £65+P&P :shock:

1227960154-Stubby-mag.jpg

When I remembered that I had an old/unused CB magmount in the shed & I got to thinking about buying a work light from off of the bay & fixing it to my old mag mount viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8636 :)

So after a bit of a trawl I came up with this Wipac work light for £11.99 free P&P :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

S71021204.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: :D It turned up today so I did this to it :D

P9110456.jpg

P9110457.jpg

P9110458.jpg

Found an old curly cable with a cig lighter plug on one end :thumbup: It used to be for a rechargable tourch that has long since died :)

P9110459.jpg

Poped it all together :)

P9110460.jpg

P9110461.jpg

And hey presto :D :thumbup:

P9110463.jpg

It even fits nicely in my cetre console ready for action :D :D :D

P9110464.jpg

So one work light for just £11.99 :D A saving of @least £55 :dance: :dance:

'Brilliant' :lol: idea, I've just bought a worklight for the back of the truck and have been wondering how/where to fix it :think: , now all I need is a magmount.
Chas

Good job! Now you got me thinking - I've got a mag mount gathering dust. :thumbup:

What is the wattage on that lamp?

ignat said:
55 :) It pulls approx 4amps when on depending upon if the engine is running or not (3.86-4.28Amps) :) My only worry is the gauge of the cores that were inside my curly cable as they appear to be no thicker than one of my pubic hairs :lol: But I thought I'd take a punt with it as it looks cool :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Heath Robinson has a lot to answer for - but I like that - good use of bits 'n pieces - well done!

sae70 said:
ignat said:
55 :) It pulls approx 4amps when on depending upon if the engine is running or not (3.86-4.28Amps) :) My only worry is the gauge of the cores that were inside my curly cable as they appear to be no thicker than one of my pubic hairs :lol: But I thought I'd take a punt with it as it looks cool :thumbup:
A worklight shouldn't need to be fantastically bright :idea: so you could put a lower wattage bulb in to reduce the current draw :thumbup:
Chas

Funny you posted this I made one a few weeks ago for my camping trip to Wales with Jon, it worked very well IMO. (30w Halogen)

It gets better :D IMO :D ;) Found myself down the town this morning in the Motor Factors after having had a hair cut & I bought this 3meter 5Amp 12volt extension reel for £9.99 :D

P9120468.jpg

P9120469.jpg

P9120470.jpg

P9120471.jpg

P9120475.jpg

P9120476.jpg

Attachments

• P9120468.jpg
    P9120468.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 70
  • P9120469.jpg
    P9120469.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 68
  • P9120470.jpg
    P9120470.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 68
  • P9120471.jpg
    P9120471.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 68
  • P9120475.jpg
    P9120475.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 61
  • P9120476.jpg
    P9120476.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 65
I spotted that at the caravan shop the other day but resisted!!! I may have to go back... :oops:

I've got one of those 12v ext leads that has disappeared :confusion-confused: into the black hole :shock: that exists in my garage, but one of these days I shall boldly go where no man has gone before and re-discover it :lol:
Chas

Gav Peter said:
I spotted that at the caravan shop the other day but resisted!!! I may have to go back... :oops:
Go on :) What can you buy for a tenner these days :?: :!:

I have to say that I'm very happy with how it's turned out for a little under £22 including the extension lead I've ended up with IMO a very versatile search/work/camping light :D That's a saving of more than £40 over the LightForce one I was so close to buying :shock: :)

Cossack said:
I've got one of those 12v ext leads that has disappeared :confusion-confused: into the black hole :shock: that exists in my garage, but one of these days I shall boldly go where no man has gone before and re-discover it :lol:
Chas
Don't go in without a good team & make sure you wear a safety line to expidite your retreat :D :lol: ;)

sae70 said:
Cossack said:
Chas
Don't go in without a good team & make sure you wear a safety line to expidite your retreat :D :lol: ;)
Thanks for the advice Steven :thumbup: , I shall attach my winch line to my belt and give my wife the remote control :pray: in case of any emergencies.
Chas

Cossack said:
sae70 said:
Cossack said:
Chas
Thanks for the advice Steven :thumbup: , I shall attach my winch line to my belt and give my wife the remote control :pray: in case of any emergencies.
Chas
If I were you I'd take the remote in with me :) You know what these girls can be like with anything mechanicle :p :D ;) :)

sae70 said:
Cossack said:
Chas
If I were you I'd take the remote in with me :) You know what these girls can be like with anything mechanicle :p :D ;) :)
It's OK, I trust her implicitly :pray: :lol:
Chas

Back