Max 3000 rpm help

Defo 22602 mate, sorry my cock up.

MAD543D.png

regards

Dave

Update

Thanks to this stuff

20161215_190408.jpg

We are now running on all 6 cylinders again, cant recommend it highly enough.

Thanks for all your help and advice along the way, appriecate it.

Few pictures of Liqui Moly setup

20161215_190408.jpg
20161215_190305.jpg
20161215_190227.jpg

Even if you have no issues that stuff is a must every now and then

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its a cleaner, and when it cleaned mines its good i assure you.

Hit it up on youtube, defo worth it

Am converted lol anything i have will be getting that from now on.

Remember DONT put it in the tank

Years ago if we had a contaminated system we used to fill a new filter with something similar, and then run it through with some n the tank. I tend to use an in tank additive, probably once every three or four months on the 80 and my little van. One bottle and a full tank, very diluted but seems to keep everything working ok.

Used IIRC 'Wynns' injector cleaner in petrol minicabs for years as well, again no injector issues.

regards

Dave

Years ago if we had a contaminated system we used to fill a new filter with something similar, and then run it through with some n the tank. I tend to use an in tank additive, probably once every three or four months on the 80 and my little van. One bottle and a full tank, very diluted but seems to keep everything working ok.

Used IIRC 'Wynns' injector cleaner in petrol minicabs for years as well, again no injector issues.

regards

Dave
Main reason this poor girl was so bad was lack of use been off the road almost 3 years. It wont happen again tho.

Did you take the filter out of the pump. I wonder exactly what was blocked ?
No i didnt touch pump nor injectors, i thought to myself another good system clean before taking anything apart.

Interesting. We used to have diesel engines on the farm which would start after decades of idleness and we never got diesel deterioration apart from waxing which was more of an specification thing rather than a problem. I wonder if "diesel bug" and other problems linked to home made fuel.

Interesting. We used to have diesel engines on the farm which would start after decades of idleness and we never got diesel deterioration apart from waxing which was more of an specification thing rather than a problem. I wonder if "diesel bug" and other problems linked to home made fuel.

No Frank
It's more linked the the fact all UK pump diesel is to EN590 , and also contains up to 7% Bio Fuel.....this is the part of the fuel the dreaded Bug feeds on .
Bio fuel is hydroscopic too , in that like Brake fluids used to be it will absorb water from the atmosphere.
EN 590 is also very low in sulphur , sulphur was added to help lubricate the FIP and injectors of fuel systems , however modern common rail high pressure fuel systems can't tolerate the sulphur , this is why modern Red Diesel is just normal Pump fuel with a marker dye added.

Old Red Diesel could contain varying amounts of additives and wasn't good enough for the modern common rail tier 2 engines being fitted to tractors ( we are on tier 4b now ). This in particular gave John Deere problems and was mainly a UK issue as the rest of Europe were using normal road fuel and claiming Tax relief .

The reason your old tractors started was they had tanks of old spec Red and injection systems that were pretty low tech and low pressure .

Im a Wynn's cleaner addict because of what it did to my old transit tipper , a bottle in a full tank then a bottle in a quarter tank definitely saddled up a few more horses . I have never noticed any difference from using it in my cruiser though . In fact having the cruiser hooked up to one of those injector steam cleaner thingy machines made no difference to my cruiser either , a process i'm dubious of anyway .

I only opted for the steam clean because the guy refused to service my injectors saying nothing runs that well with injector problems which was nice to hear . I firmly believe old school diesel engines are work horses and to thrash them is to love them .

Your post caught my interest Frank because not 2 weeks ago it occurred to me (and i posted it on the forum somewhere) that knowing the previous owner of my tipper it had probably been run on home made fuel before i bought it .

As for the diesel bug , my boat takes about 800 litres of diesel weekly from Gov owned tanks and 3 times in 3 years they have infected her :angry-cussingblack:

Grimbo, why hasn't the country ground to a halt?
Basically because the turn over of fuel through garage forecourts is such that the fuel is never that old , the black sludge all of us find on the pickup gauze of our 80's is the bug , its if you leave a vehicle parked up for an extended time that the bug is able to cause the blockage ....it is a living bacterium .
There were major concerns when Red went to EN590 as most farm tanks were rusty old steel tanks with a fair proportion of water lying in the bottom , many suppliers would not fill old tanks and also put a bug killer in the tank with every bulk delivery......it still hasn't stopped some farmers using a road cone as a funnel though.... as a breed they are ever inventive on finding new ways to cause mayhem and breakdowns

I've never had black sludge in either my 80 or 100 and the latter only goes to and from MOT station once a year. The 1995 80 tank and strainer look brand new. Perhaps the answer is that the newer fuel needs to be carefully kept. I have a 5 litre bottle of 6 year old diesel on the shelf and it's crystal clear.

Back