Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Maybe selling

silvercruiser

This is just a thought at the moment because i really do like my l/c it is excellent for when we go camping,the everyday shopping, dog walking etc.

it started me off the other weekend when i took it to essex offroad and went round for 20 mins before parking her up because she really is to clean to ruin and me and my dad have a joint venture landrover 90 with extreme suspension rollcage etc to play in so i started thinking what am i running this round for.

so how many people on here use the l/c for every day running about or are they mainly second cars?

Joe

Muxley is my daily drive - 50 miles/day basic... He's the main reason I don't mind doing the drive!!! :cool:

Well for me I had my 120 which was nice and shiny and after the second time I took it to Salisbury plain, I decided it was worth too much to damage and turn into a mud plugger, plus it's a daily drive so I can't afford for it to be out of service. If I or my mrs don't work, we don't earn.

So I bought LB as a toy......

An expensive everyday drive, but I never seem to get bored of driving it. Its is a hard decision to take it off road, I try not to do anything too extreme and I love the fact that I can be crawling over rocks one minute and then moments later cruising home at 70 in comfort and ease. Fuel prices could push it from its daily use slot soon, but I cannot see myself getting rid of it

mine is the main family taxi :thumbup: since when has car ownership been about rational decisions? :mrgreen:

Daily driver for seven years and if I can persuade the kids and the dogs to stop eating I should be able to afford to run it for another seven :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ok im not the only one then :lol:

I dont actually drive it every day but my wife does, as i have the work van. so it is an expensive runabout. like i said its just a thought at the mo i was looking at replacing it with a focus estate titanium 2.0 tdci but i cant get that across any green lane :lol: . anyone had one of these :?:

Joe

I second Mr Wildsmith.

You should drive what suits you!

I've bought a couple, fixed up a few, inhereted several, hated and endured one, gave one away, drive one, enjoy another, sold several, paranoid fanatic about one, wrench on far too many, ...

Wouldn't have it any other way :lol:

Running mine as a daily driver is cheaper than buying another toy and running both. I am a little bit more careful with it than I would be if it was a toy only, but I love just the thought that my daily driver is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing and every now and then it shows a little e.g. when it snows, or floods, etc.

Daily driver that's the best compromise vehicle in that it does anything you ask of it (except squeeze into small parking spaces) I have had. Off tarmacs a few times a month and always leaves me smiling. Nothing else has ever done that in all the cars i have owned (150 plus before I quit counting)

Thankfully It's emotional, not l logical this cruiser thing. This is my seventh 80 series. I regretted selling the others when I did and never enjoyed subsequent cars as much.

daily driver that goes off road every day.our "driveway" is impossible without a 4x4.the LC was bought to cut down the number of cars in the fleet & in this respect has been a success.having said that my old A6 was obviously a much better all round family car.

I use the 80 as a run around, trips to Wicks, shopping trolley, long distance cruiser up to Yorkshire and tugging Landrovers out when they get stuck in Wales ;)

Daily driver, wife has a SWB and that is her daily drive too.

Get's to go offroad a couple of times a month generally, other than that it's a great wagon for getting myself the wife and the dog around and more importantly it is my overland vehicle.

I don't have half a dozen kids and nor do i live in an inaccessible area, i drive it because i want to and refuse to be dictated to by the hippies ;)

Whilst i can afford it, i'll be driving a landcruiser, end of.

Sadly with fuel prices going the way they are, I think we will eventually be forced out of our 4x4's.......

TonyP said:
Sadly with fuel prices going the way they are, I think we will eventually be forced out of our 4x4's.......

I'll give you my 4x4 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands! :twisted: :twisted:

Ditto. Mine is not a daily driver - it might go to the shops or get to inaccessible places to go dog walking. It's prime role is as my escape vehicle and my mid-life crisis :)

It won't go extreme laming really, but it will take me on long, vehicle-dependent holidays in great comfort and safety... one of these days .... :)

ignat said:
TonyP said:

I'll give you my 4x4 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands! :twisted: :twisted:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm a long way away from getting rid, that's for sure!

This morning the fuel attendant actually started laughing when I went to pay for my £100 of diesel :doh:

Back