Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

mechanic recommendations

lars lorenzo

Hello everyone
We are new to the Land Cruiser club as we just obtained a 1988 Land Cruiser from the family.
It has not run in over a year.
1. What do we need to do to get it running properly and not cause damage to the engine?
2. Does anyone know of a good Land Cruiser mechanic in the Charlotte North Carolina area?
We are looking to do some off roading in the area and want it to be reliable.
Thank you,
Lars

Hi put new battery on it and start it up only one year I had a hj60 not run for 14 years and it started right up with 2 good battery on it lets have pics good look with it from From. Tony

Check the oil and water level.

I'd suggest checking for anything foreign in the air intake. Friend of mine bought a Pajero that had sat a while and after driving it a bit, found a mouse nest in the air box.

Brakes may need a quick check, try them from a slow start first to make sure all is well.

Other than that, take lots of pictures and post them on here so we can admire your new truck. :)

It's a Landcruiser. There won't be much wrong with it from sitting still for a year.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
Best wishes
Richard

All the above and some fresh petrol in the fuel lines would be an idea (I'm assuming it's a gas engine in the US).

Older petrol can go stale over time and prove more difficult to start.

A great truck, but it doesn't exist without photos :lol:

Back