Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Meet Fram

That'll be a pint you'll be owing me then mate. Works like a charm, doesn't it. Good for any oils. Make sure you either flush it though or have two different ones for ATF and lubricant oils. Don't want 75w 90 in your transmission.

The Phantom Garden Sprayer!

Chris said:
That'll be a pint you'll be owing me then mate. Works like a charm, doesn't it. Good for any oils. Make sure you either flush it though or have two different ones for ATF and lubricant oils. Don't want 75w 90 in your transmission.

The Phantom Garden Sprayer!

It works a sight better than it has a right too, I just had to listen out for the sputter as it finished one dose to tell me I had to refill it for the next. I ended up with a three litre job made by Husqvarna, partly because I'm a label whore but also because it has an opening the same size as the body making it really easy to wipe out with some blue roll in between uses.

You can claim that pint any time :D

Latest stuff includes the removal of the steps, finding out that the front wheel bearing had collapsed and fixing that, fitting new brake pads all round and, today, getting new tyres fitted and the tracking sorted so the steering wheel now points straight ahead rather than off to the left.

Tyres before, not a one the same model :lol: :

IMG_0324.jpg

And after, nice new BFG ATs in 31x10.50 R 15:

IMG_0325-1.jpg

My buy of the day was a cheapy Draper brake piston retracting tool, essentially two plates with a threaded bar that makes changing brake pads a dream. Why I've never boiught one before I don't know, struggling with G-clamps and channel lock pliers is too miserable.

The diff and T case oils were supposed to be here today and there's still time, Citylink seem to work late but then I'm offshore on Wednesday so I'll have all the annoying little snaggy jobs to do when I get back - trying to fix the driver's window, fitting the fog light, getting the radio antenna installed, cleaning the interior, taking off the old towbar and fitting a NATO hitch and what ever new jobs rear up.

I love cars you can fix yourself.

Back home from work just on Tuesday and straight into the MOT, this involved a lot of messing around with the foglight last night but that was sorted eventually (need to come up with a better solution though).

Anyway, as to the MOT - it passed with two advisories - Handbrake travel (not a worry, who uses handbrakes on autos?) and 'tarnished' headlamp reflectors (it's actually silt but who am I to quibble? :D ).

Next week's planned work is fitting a new passenger door, giving the inside a really good clean and generally making the cabin feel like my own. For now though, it's a weekend away tomorrow :dance:

Back