Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Memory map sat nav

I have the predecessor of that model, mine is just a tom tom style/size unit - not the nice big touch screen. I think mine is an Adventurer 7000 made by Road Angel.. :|

It works ok but I have not been able to master the memory map side and the satnav function on-road isn't great (directions and route finding are much poorer than TT for example). I would check out both of those aspects with this new one before shelling out my £££.

Cheers,

Have a lot of experience of Memory-Map in an in-car PC- but not on a dedicated unit- how much is it? you may be better off with a toughbook/in car PC and memory map plus whatever maps you need.

I agree with pugwash although there is a lot to be said for "it's a black box and it just works" vs a carputer which might break.

Nice unit though

I have bought a netbook and installed MM but the antenna keeps making it crash so getting a bit tired of it.
I am going to have one more try with a Garmin antenna, as maybe a bit of quality and back up will help.

I will also be trying the antenna i have on another laptop (when i get it back from being repaired :evil: ) just make sure, but i know it does not work anywhere except my living room on the netbook which is not much use.

That looks smart, just need someone with more money than sense to try it out first :p

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I use a HP PDA - travel companion, with wifi, bluetooth and inbuilt GPS
it also has a version on MS office etc, and email
It came with Tomtom pre-installed,
I also had Anquet maps on my home computer, as was able to install the PDA version onto my PDA from this,
so i can now drive around with the Anquet 1:500000 OS maps and location shown on them, if i dont want to use Tomotom

Back