Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

More of your advise please..

Honey Badger

Country Flag
wales
I have been reading for days, the massive amount of stuff on here, trying to learn what I need to know, when I go hunting a colorado 95.
I come from Land Rover, and although they have a rep for unreliability,(mine were fine, and no problem) parts were readily available, and pretty much pennies.
I realise Land Cruisers are thinner on the ground than LR, but there was a huge after market supply for parts and accessories.

A few questions please.

I am having difficulty finding after market parts suppliers.
Milners are mentioned, and in another thread, someone will say don't get from them.
Are parts readily available for the 90/95 series,without resorting to the stealers.
I notice people referring to breakers for parts,for mainly 80 /100 series,is this also the same for the 90.

Looking at pictures of the front of 95s some have square number plates, and some rectangular,is this just the bumper shape,defining the plate, or is the square plate a Prado,as some other Japanese models a square number plate denoted it being an import.
Thank you Steve...

I've had my 95 3.4 V6 for nearly a year. I've sourced all the routine stuff; filters, discs and pads etc. from Camberley Autofactors at reasonable prices. Not needed to try Milners/Roughtrax etc so far. Had to buy a couple of bits like a caliper rubber boot and axle fill plugs from Toyota and the prices were high, but at least they could get everything. Mine has a square front number plate and is not an import. Prado badge on the back door handle surround rather than Land Cruiser is probably a more reliable guide. I'd recommend checking the locking rear diff actuator (UK models only - LSD on imports) as they seem to fall to bits and are expensive to replace if you want to use the car off-road.

Steve.

I have bought stuff from Milners, Roughtrax and my local Motor Factors.

Milners do supply genuine Toyota parts but a lot of their stuff is 'pattern' and built to a price.

I have found the Roughtrax stuff to be good.

We have a 'tame' Toyota Dealer who will sell parts at a discount to Club Members - Simon Holton at Steven Eagell Toyota in Aylesbury is your man. Discounts range from 10% to 25% depending on what Toyota give him!

I have had a couple of parts from Breakers - a fuel tank guard for the '95' and a spare set of alloy wheels for the '100'. I go through "Breakeryard.com", but its pot luck what's out there.

The '90-Series' have a square mounting in the centre of the front bumper for number plates. People put the conventional oblong ones on but I opted for square as I wanted as much air as possible to reach the radiator when towing horses. You pays your money . . .

Cylinder heads can crack if the car has been allowed to overheat. New ones are available but its a bit of a pain to change them (I've done three!). Look for signs of fluid overflow from the overflow reservoir and steam from the exhaust when viewing.

Good luck in your search.

Bob.

Back