Morocco in October, anyone fancy it?

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
What sort of duration you thinking of, and what sort of dates??

What do you budget per day for a Morocco trip? (very roughly ..)

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

silvercruiser

Mar 22, 2010
Essex
Cossack said:
Possibly, but I will have only just got back from Croatia with http://www.world4x4.co.uk/index.htm, if SWMBO can be persuaded ;) to let me out to play again so soon I might be interested in going back there..
Chas

Hello Chas have you used world 4x4 before? ive done a couple of trips with them if its still Rob running it say hi from me.

Joe

Bat21

Supporter
I am in morocco
Feb 24, 2010
Shropshirington
Gary Stockton said:
What do you budget per day for a Morocco trip? (very roughly ..)
Gary, I calculated this rough estimate last year:

Ferry to/from Spain £750 return
Spending money on the boat approx £100
Fuel traveling through Spain 1,300 miles at £5.60 a gallon = £[email protected]
Fuel in Morocco 2,000 miles at £2.05 a gallon = £[email protected]
Ferry to/from Morocco £250 return
Most of Morocco is wild camping but add 3 nights hotels @ £30 per night = £90
So in total about £1,700 for 17 days, so even if you add £500 for food/spending etc it is arround £2,300k.
If you travel via the tunnel, by the time you have paid the chunnel fee + the extra fuel and Péage fees, there is not much difference between that option and using the Portsmouth/Bilbao crossing.

Chas

Supporter
I am in england
Mar 15, 2010
Merton Park London
Garage
silvercruiser said:
Cossack said:
Possibly, but I will have only just got back from Croatia with http://www.world4x4.co.uk/index.htm, if SWMBO can be persuaded ;) to let me out to play again so soon I might be interested in going back there..
Chas

Hello Chas have you used world 4x4 before? ive done a couple of trips with them if its still Rob running it say hi from me.

Joe
Yes it's still Robb running it, I will say Hi :) for you, about this Morocco trip I don't think I will be able to afford it so soon after Croatia :( , so I wish you all a safe and pleasant trip, and don't forget to send regular reports and make me green with envy :(
Chas

Paul

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
Southampton
Garage
Hey all, sorry in the delay.

My thinking was a two weekish trip, with camping and maybe odd hotels if needed as they can be quite cheap.
Last time i went i was alone so didn't do the dunes as a little risky, quite fancy staying in one of those forts that is now a hotel, the one Michael Palin used in the Sahara program.

Just need to get the Cruiser specced up for the trip :cool:

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
Paul
Would have loved to come along, but my wife is expecting our first child in September so no desert playing for a bit
On the Fort front have a look at
http://www.boujerif.com/
Stayed there on last trip, great place. Lights out at 11 when they turn the generator off and no roads to it :lol:
Only way-points
J

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
Paul
Should just point out the hotel is not actually in the old Fort
IMG_2209.jpg

Its just round the corner, the fort is pretty much in ruins, you can explore the Fort and find the wall
IMG_2236.jpg

They used to shoot people against :shock:

Also there is an oasis just next to the Fort for firewood

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
Julian said:
Paul
Should just point out the hotel is not actually in the old Fort
IMG_2209.jpg

Its just round the corner, the fort is pretty much in ruins, you can explore the Fort and find the wall
IMG_2236.jpg

They used to shoot people against :shock:

Also there is an oasis just next to the Fort for firewood
Bloody short criminals they had their! (Also seem to have had some 8-9 footers as well!)

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
OK - I've got departure clearance from SWMBO - so keep me up to speed on this please? I need to know rough sort of dates you're thinking about, ferries, etc. a bit closer to the time :D I'll probably be travelling solo on this one, if it gels, and use it as a recce for future. :cool:

Cheers

Paul

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
Southampton
Garage
I will probably be solo too, it could be a good opertunity for others to ride along to help with some costs/driving and to check it out for their future trips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks