Morocco in October, anyone fancy it?

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
Like it says in the title, thinking of going back there so anyone else up for it?
 

Bat21

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,902
Country Flag
morocco
Lu and I are going 26th Aug to 12th Sept... can't wait to get back there.
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,304
Garage
Country Flag
england
Possibly, but I will have only just got back from Croatia with http://www.world4x4.co.uk/index.htm, if SWMBO can be persuaded ;) to let me out to play again so soon I might be interested in going back there..
Chas
 

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
3,924
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
What sort of duration you thinking of, and what sort of dates??

What do you budget per day for a Morocco trip? (very roughly ..)
 
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

silvercruiser

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
3,332
Cossack said:
Possibly, but I will have only just got back from Croatia with http://www.world4x4.co.uk/index.htm, if SWMBO can be persuaded ;) to let me out to play again so soon I might be interested in going back there..
Chas


Hello Chas have you used world 4x4 before? ive done a couple of trips with them if its still Rob running it say hi from me.


Joe
 

Bat21

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,902
Country Flag
morocco
Gary Stockton said:
What do you budget per day for a Morocco trip? (very roughly ..)
Gary, I calculated this rough estimate last year:

Ferry to/from Spain £750 return
Spending money on the boat approx £100
Fuel traveling through Spain 1,300 miles at £5.60 a gallon = £[email protected]
Fuel in Morocco 2,000 miles at £2.05 a gallon = £[email protected]
Ferry to/from Morocco £250 return
Most of Morocco is wild camping but add 3 nights hotels @ £30 per night = £90
So in total about £1,700 for 17 days, so even if you add £500 for food/spending etc it is arround £2,300k.
If you travel via the tunnel, by the time you have paid the chunnel fee + the extra fuel and Péage fees, there is not much difference between that option and using the Portsmouth/Bilbao crossing.
 

Graham

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
3,924
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Sounds like a nice beginners way into Morrocco ?

Graham
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,304
Garage
Country Flag
england
silvercruiser said:
Cossack said:
Possibly, but I will have only just got back from Croatia with http://www.world4x4.co.uk/index.htm, if SWMBO can be persuaded ;) to let me out to play again so soon I might be interested in going back there..
Chas


Hello Chas have you used world 4x4 before? ive done a couple of trips with them if its still Rob running it say hi from me.

Joe
Yes it's still Robb running it, I will say Hi :) for you, about this Morocco trip I don't think I will be able to afford it so soon after Croatia :( , so I wish you all a safe and pleasant trip, and don't forget to send regular reports and make me green with envy :(
Chas
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
Hey all, sorry in the delay.

My thinking was a two weekish trip, with camping and maybe odd hotels if needed as they can be quite cheap.
Last time i went i was alone so didn't do the dunes as a little risky, quite fancy staying in one of those forts that is now a hotel, the one Michael Palin used in the Sahara program.

Just need to get the Cruiser specced up for the trip :cool:
 

Julian

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2012
Messages
692
Paul
Would have loved to come along, but my wife is expecting our first child in September so no desert playing for a bit
On the Fort front have a look at
http://www.boujerif.com/
Stayed there on last trip, great place. Lights out at 11 when they turn the generator off and no roads to it :lol:
Only way-points
J
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
Thats the one i was thinking of, looks really good......and no roads :p
 

Julian

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2012
Messages
692
Paul
Should just point out the hotel is not actually in the old Fort
IMG_2209.jpg

Its just round the corner, the fort is pretty much in ruins, you can explore the Fort and find the wall
IMG_2236.jpg

They used to shoot people against :shock:

Also there is an oasis just next to the Fort for firewood
 

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
5,980
Country Flag
great_britain
Julian said:
Paul
Should just point out the hotel is not actually in the old Fort
IMG_2209.jpg

Its just round the corner, the fort is pretty much in ruins, you can explore the Fort and find the wall
IMG_2236.jpg

They used to shoot people against :shock:

Also there is an oasis just next to the Fort for firewood

Bloody short criminals they had their! (Also seem to have had some 8-9 footers as well!)
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
Maybe they had to run up and down to give the soldiers practice at moving targets :cool:
 

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
3,924
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
OK - I've got departure clearance from SWMBO - so keep me up to speed on this please? I need to know rough sort of dates you're thinking about, ferries, etc. a bit closer to the time :D I'll probably be travelling solo on this one, if it gels, and use it as a recce for future. :cool:

Cheers
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
I will probably be solo too, it could be a good opertunity for others to ride along to help with some costs/driving and to check it out for their future trips.
 

Graham

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
3,924
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Mmmm, October
Well sounds good,

Roughly are you just going Dover Calais ferry, then blast through to Algeriras ?

Graham
 
Top