Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2016

More than welcome to tag along Mark - I need all the help I can ;)

That's a shame. It'd be great if things change for you.

Have you any thoughts about what time to get the ferry on the 9th? Will we be able to just pitch up and get on or should we book ahead ? I'm just trying to figure out when I should peel off from the Tabernas group.

More than welcome to tag along Mark - I need all the help I can ;)

I would if I could, busy moving out of the flat I rented for work this week, then track day at the weekend. Then I need to get tyres, tracking and service done on the truck. I'm also planning a rebuild on my storage system before this year trip. Just can't see me getting everything done for Tabernas

That's a shame. It'd be great if things change for you.

Have you any thoughts about what time to get the ferry on the 9th? Will we be able to just pitch up and get on or should we book ahead ? I'm just trying to figure out when I should peel off from the Tabernas group.

We'll get tickets from Carlos on the day for the Algerciras ferry. I'll get a quote from him so we can compare prices with booking online first. Its pretty much turn up and catch the next ferry but they rarely sail on time, last year we met at Algerciras for 15:00 and caught the 18:00 ferry. I don't expect to be there any earlier on the 9th.

Thinks are pretty flexible, I prefer to get into Morocco on Sunday night, but often the insurance booth is closed so it means stopping the night near the port somewhere to get insurance the next morning. If we get held up it would be getting the ferry the next morning.

Do you know when you need to be out of Morocco? Catching the ferry and driving up to the north of Spain is pretty much 2 days hard travel if the ferries are late. It will help me to plan a route if I know what day you want to get back into Spain. From north of the Atlas I'd expect it to take 3 days to get to Santander area.

Yes, makes good sense to do that with the ferries :thumbup: Luckily, living over here means insurance for Morocco is included as standard.

I'll aim to get to Algeciras by 3pm then and plan accordingly for Tabernas.

Otherwise, I don't really have any preferences or constraints about how long or where/when if we are working with your 29th return ferry to UK and if not, that's OK as well. I've done the journey from Southern Spain to home a couple of times now and it's usually 2 long days to our place.

I don't expect I'll be getting the ferry on the 29th, planning to stay out a bit longer :)

I'll plan to get us to the north side of the High Atlas somewhere for the night of the 26th, probably Marrakech area. From there its motorway all the way back north to Spain and a long day would get you into Spain for the night of the 27th. Things are flexible so we can reschedule on the way if we fancy something else or a day off.

Now my challenge is to join all the dots up with some interesting pistes :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes Diesel plenty of space for the trip if your interested :)

Well on the way for this years trip. Making good time just north of seville hope to be at Algeciras for lunch before hopping across the straights into Africa proper

Looking forward to some pics. Hope those temperatures rise.

27 degrees now I hit the good weather you guys are enjoying

Best of luck Mark. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. I did a little bit of WA this year in a Sprinter camper :icon-surprised:

DSCN0396 - Copy.JPG

Bet that had a lot of creature comforts Gary

Made record time this year less than 48hrs from leaving home to hitting Morocco

Getting in on the 16:00 ferry instead of the 18:00 means the insurance is open on arrival so blasted down the motorway to Asilah for the night. Decided on a hotel as the camp site here is grim at best

Good progress Mark. Looking forward to some photo's soon then :pray:
So who has made it on the adventure with you this year?

That is unfortunate.. Well, enjoy the trip and stay safe and keep the updates coming. :thumbup:

The good stuff always happens when there's nobody around to see it so just make sure you have your camera ready when your invaded by naked cheerleaders :icon-wink: all the best for a good trip :thumbup:

Well on my last solo trip I did spend the night getting pissed with an all female rally :), last year nothing just a load of blokes in 80's.

Saw a very rare sight today Shayne, a convoy of french 90/95's heading back from Morocco, in fact I haven't seen an 80 yet, loads of 120's and a white 70 on the ferry over to Morocco (for a minute I thought it was isleofman)

Have a good trip! Stay safe and all that too.

Back