Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

morocco

ram

hi

was discussing with the family my plans for the trip to circumnavigate the african continent late next year,traveling down the west coast to cape town and returning up through east coast.It soon became apparent that my wife was bit reluctant with the idea of roughing it for up to 6 months,having never slept in any sort of tent let alone a roof tent i can understand her reluctance,i on the other hand grew up in africa,have backpacked through middle east(syria jordan lebanon etc.)and have slept on the floor right beside the car all the way to mongolia.The grown up kids are of course on their mother's side and are adamant that their mother is not going to suffer just because i want to realise my dream trip.
So from the conversation i detect that either i do the trip on my own and she will fly in and join me for 2-3 weeks whenever i reach civilisation or i completely forget about it.
now i have come up with the idea of couple of weeks in Morocco so she could get a taste of what it could be like on the road and was wondering if any of the forum members were planning couple of wks in morocco in march/april,it would be nice to do this with someone who has done this before or been in the the dessert before as i have never driven a 4x4 on any dirt or off road (the mongolian trip was done in 86 std nissan sunny).Please let me know if any of you are thinking about doing a trip to morocco around march/april. IT will be nice to join up
thanks a lot
ram

Hi Ram,

Do what your heart wants. You may regret it for a long time, or possibly cause bitterness, a divorce, then you could do it.

Your introduction to a couple of weeks in Moroc together, well, how about just 1 week to start?
(Don't let her enjoy it too much - she may decide to do the trip with you) :mrgreen:

You don't have to go miles and miles deep into Moroc to find a difference to what you are used to.
As soon as you step foot off the Algeciras to Tangier Med ferry, that will be enough to tell her she is not in a surburbian leafy village.

other than that, how about looking to take a mate, or another person who wishes to do this same trip? Share costs?
You could still fly the o/h out to CPT for a few days, :shock:
then send her back so you could continue having the time of your life. :mrgreen:

Gra.

Back