Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

most users ever online???

Rob

Garage
I have just read this:
Most users ever online was 50 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:24 am

it seems very high, has admin been editing :evil:

Never! One of the things which was discussed at length, no one shall edit anything without making it very clear and as a last resort ;)

I suspect that 50 includes guests seeing as there is a whopping 22 members at the moment. :?

well i am impressed with the traffic the site is getting

need to get it appearing in google when searching for landcruiser forum or club. that way newcomers will know of its existence. i think the only way to do is to get loads of links to this site on other viable high ranking sites in the same category, you see where this is going :lol:

So where are the club stickers then? And the commitee, and the lifetime membership, ;)

Had on another forum the ability to put your national flag on profile when filling in from drop down menu, went very well.

By the way, is this thing costing anything to run?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, the google ranking is an issue. There is no way to beat it other than have lots of good content, millions of mentions of Landcruiser or Land Cruiser or Toyota Landcruiser (you get my point ;) and links to other sites of similar content.

The first options is curable by us and is in progress. The second, slowly slowly we get there.
I have done some basic SEO stuff to the forum but am not happy with it so working on another version. That should help.

Mostly though folks, spread the word to others and put any content, write ups, trip reports etc you can. It'll all help ;)

Shall i post an ad for this site on the OTHER site?

we could put a link in our sigs but name it something like "my website"

blobrob said:
I have just read this:
Most users ever online was 50 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:24 am

it seems very high, has admin been editing :evil:
I'm afraid I am guilty for the deluge..... I 'invited' a few over this morning

Busaboy said:
Shall i post an ad for this site on the OTHER site?

Are you feeling brave.... see below.
Cock Job said:
Good luck to those who are setting up their own LC site - there won't be any support / links from within the TLOCUK though

Cock Job said:
Good luck to those who are setting up their own LC site - there won't be any support / links from within the TLOCUK though

He could have given it a mention? www.land..... :twisted:

Really, i thought i just posted a link from his site :twisted:

You didn't fall for it this time then Bat?

Cock job :lol: who thought of that one?

Has anyone asked for a membership refund yet?

Ooops, i am a name and not a number :cry:

Just got this from Simon:

As I've already told Gary ...

I have no personal issue with you at all, but I have a zero tollerance policy with regards to using the TLOCUK facilities to invite members to a competing site.

If I see weblinks, personal messages (PM), or invitations of any sort, from this point forward, it will result in loss of services and, ultimately, the suspension of the 'offending' account.

I wish you and the founders of the new site the best of luck with their venture, but you'll have to do it WITHOUT the use of the TLOCUK services.

Simon

Busaboy said:

If I see weblinks, personal messages (PM).....

Simon
I can't believe he is admitting to viewing others PM's :o that is totally out of order.

Oh and I have just had a warning to.... I feel Simon is loosing his grip :?

You think he edits them too? :lol: :lol:
"Dear busaboy,

I like to touch myself

Regards,
Crispin
"

So clearly he reads our 'PM' stuff. That's like going into someone's house and opening their mail!! I don't even open SWMBOs mail, or go into her handbag (scary in there ...) so I am peeved. :twisted:

I wonder what the data protection act says about that? Think I'll go read up on it and see if I can find any precedents. Recent case law would be nice, too. Don't get me started .... :evil: :evil:

What a wally. I assume then that my PMs were blocked, so the invitees will not know ... Ian - got a mail list from enquiries for parts we can use? Jon - can you get last year's Lincomb list from Julian - that's not whatsisnames, coz he made me post it in 'Other Events' not 'Club Events'.

Maak my so kwaai ek wens ek't nou 'n blerrie groot stok :evil:

Gary said:
Ian - got a mail list from enquiries for parts we can use?

The vast majority of my contact is via the PM system :(

I do not fully understand the way Google ranks sites, would it help if I stuck a load of parts on eBay and put a link to here in each of the ads?

Ian

Bat21 said:
Busaboy said:

If I see weblinks, personal messages (PM).....

Simon
I can't believe he is admitting to viewing others PM's :o that is totally out of order.

Oh and I have just had a warning to.... I feel Simon is loosing his grip :?

You think he edits them too? :lol: :lol:
"Dear busaboy,

I like to touch myself

Regards,
Crispin
"

What's going on here? Bat21 - did I edit your message (BY ACCIDENT!!!! before I am flamed :oops: )

I wrote that but it's appearing as yours.

idrubie said:
Gary said:
Ian - got a mail list from enquiries for parts we can use?

The vast majority of my contact is via the PM system :(

I do not fully understand the way Google ranks sites, would it help if I stuck a load of parts on eBay and put a link to here in each of the ads?

Ian

Not really - it sort of works the other way. A link to here for more information / discussion from your ebay sale would work.
Google basically says "Right, who is talking about this site. Are they good? If a good site is mentioning another site, the the other site must be good too".
The more good sites mention a single site, the higher google ranks the mentioned site.

(I'll read that in the morning and it'll not make sense...)

Back