Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MOT

Rob Voerman

Hi Guys,

I have to have my MOT done and would like to know if you could point me in an direction to have it done close to the Dover area?

I need to come through for a wedding end of next week and hope to find someone reliable, how does it work as this is the first time I am doing it myself?

Rob

If it's a uk registered motor then you just need to book it at any MOT station and collect it once it's done. You can opt to do any remedial work required yourself or get the garage to do it following the MOT.

I'm guessing you are coming over from France? why do you need an MOT?

Graham, both my cruisers are UK registered as I have a boat address on the Broads and not sure where we will be next.

Guessing that the car would have to be reinspected once the remedial work is done...? (if I opted to do Myself)

Car might still be registered in the uk. I can see many benefits for having the car reg outside of your country for as long as possible.

adrianr said:
Car might still be registered in the uk. I can see many benefits for having the car reg outside of your country for as long as possible.

yep :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rob Voerman said:
Graham, both my cruisers are UK registered as I have a boat address on the Broads and not sure where we will be next.

Guessing that the car would have to be reinspected once the remedial work is done...? (if I opted to do Myself)

Yea, thats right. You used to be able to get the car reinspected within a couple of weeks for free but i'm sure there is either a 50% charge or 100% charge depending on the time between failing and re-inspection, check with VOSA. I'm pretty sure there is no retest fee if you let the garage carry out the works.

One thing i am definite on though it that you can only drive directly to the MOT station for a pre booked test if you don't have a valid MOT.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back