Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Moving to California

Mjcarey

Country Flag
united_states
Hello - I’m active duty Air Force and have orders to report to Los Angeles AFB next summer. Any suggestions/issues with registering a 1990 HZJ73? I am currently in Japan and picked this truck up earlier this year. It’s completely stock and in amazing shape, only about 80K miles. I have never lived in California, just wondering what peoples’ experiences might be with this. Thanks - Mike

I would recommend asking this question on iH8mud or on the TLCA Facebook page. I know California is a tricky place to register diesels.

Also I think you should post some photos!!:)

I would recommend asking this question on iH8mud or on the TLCA Facebook page. I know California is a tricky place to register diesels.

Also I think you should post some photos!!:)
Many thanks - I’ll do that.

Attachments

• IMG_6623.jpeg
    IMG_6623.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 24
That's an awesome looking 70. Hard to find these days.

There are some great Cruiserheads in CA, that I'm sure will help you. I think Rob Tygart recently registered an Aussie 40 series troopy. If you are not a member of TLCA, I would recommend joining

check the emissions and regs for CA as highest in the country and your "truck" may not meet requirements

There is also a Vermont reg option, its on line and they send you the tags via the mail… and you can use your own address (obviously, Out of state) I did this for my J70 which I purchased in Florida and it was from Spain.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Registering an out-of-state vehicle in Cali can involve some paperwork, emissions checks, and possibly modifications to meet standards. However, having a stock vehicle might make the process smoother. Three Movers could offer insights on relocating your vehicle hassle-free—they're pros in handling moves and might have tips or contacts to help with vehicle registrations in a new state.

Last edited:
Back