Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MPG

Mblinko

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
we are a month into our trek to Turkey and finally Inhave got round to measuring the mpg. Fully loaded with fuel, 55l of water, drawers and roof gear we return 21 mpg at a steady 60 mph on the motorway. Is that good ?

I checked mine on the way back from bad Kissengen, got 21.1 mpg on motorway, loaded up with 3 passengers, kept around 70mph.
very pleased with that.

Andy

I got 23 mpg 3.5 up roof loaded and my trailer on the back up and down long rubbish hills.

I get around 21mpg at 60-70 towing a 1.5T caravan loaded with fishing and all the usual holiday gear. Just running round local (solo) its 25-26 and just over 30 on long solo runs with carpet slippers on.

Suddenly don't feel bad that I can get 20mpg out of the petrol lol.

I got 17 mpg in a petrol in sand dunes in Mozambique towing a crap narrow trailer that was like a land going ⚓

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seems it's pretty much on the money.

I got 17 mpg in a petrol in sand dunes in Mozambique towing a crap narrow trailer that was like a land going ⚓

That's good going.
Mine's even improved round town, barely need to touch the throttle and it pulls well. Untill I get to a tunnel :icon-twisted:

We got about 24mpg on the scotland run in the 105. Family, oztent and camping kit etc

On my recent 2000 mile round trip to Barcelona (Mway & offroad), I managed 23.5mpg. Semi-loaded/60 MPH.

Just started monitoring my v8: 18.3 mpg on a mainly dual carriageway run from Sussex to Dorset and back. now I'm mainly using it to go to and from work around town I suspect that's going to plummet.

2 different 24v diesels returned 26.7mpg over 20,000 miles of measurement. Basically just the driver and minimal other weight involved.
So, similar to other responses

The 24V auto worked out at 22.7 MPG the other day when I fetched that Audi. Probably 40% motorway 60% cross country on A roads. Normal driving about it averages a consistent 25 week in week out.
Its better than the Collie which seems to stick at 22 normal driving about.

I filled up my hire car today after a 500 mile trip. It cost £26 was a lovely drive great stereo but a soleless Peugeot 308.

Such a shock on the fuel.

13.5 MPG around town on 33 inch mud tyres and a 2 inch lift :(

9.4 MPG when running LPG around town

Haven't done any highway trips lately though

Rob :)
80 Series 4.5 24v

Back