Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Muppet with a trailer ...

Yep, does work...

Saw it on the news earlier; there really was no need for him to drop one side onto the dirt (the Pajero/Shogun? before passed fine)... Not sure if the truck was a B-Double, oversize (possibly, but not a big oversize as no pilot vehcile) or a road train (and what the trailers were) but a road train at 100kmh can get a bit of swing on the rearmost trailer, so that can influence things... the Disco could have slowed down in the time and then moved over, or used UHF ch40 to talk to the truckie - most truckies will monitor that and 18 - to see what the driver wanted the driver to do.

It was a Landcruiser Prado 120 series towing that trailer.
Seems the other vehicle passed by on the bitumen fine, I guess the Prado man got it wrong this time. No doubt braking too hard at speed with one wheel track on and one off the bitumen threw him off. Lucky to be standing up right, had the Truckie not swerved.

I reckon the truck was pulling a wide load because the first car does touch dirt as he passes , poor bugger probably did the same while still on the brakes and his front right wheel gripped while the left didn't .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think the prado was going wide onto the dirt so he had plenty of room but failed to see the white post/road marker and swerved back onto the road to avoid it. They talk about it just over half way through the video.

A lucky escape for both , if the truck "T" boned the Prado the result would have been tragic ..cheers mick

Back