Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Muslims allowed to ignore hygiene rules

I'd like to say the old saying of 'Give an inch and they'll take a mile' has never been truer, giving the nod to things like sharia law is the thin and of the wedge.

I'd like to say the old saying of 'Give an inch and they'll take a mile' has never been truer, giving the nod to things like sharia law is the thin and of the wedge.

Although i see what you're saying My point is it's the same for other groups in society.
The Gypsies have their own independant system as do the Jehova's witnesses, The Mormons, The freemasons, etc etc. The thin end of the wedge for me is when you deny any section of society or social group the same rights that's afforded to others. Before the end of legal aid for divorces shariah courts have saved the legal system hundreds of thousand if not millions of pounds over the years.
Communities have always had their own system that runs in conjunction with the law of the land. The actual law of the land sometimes comes from those very common law cases. If the fear is that these shariah courts will somehow usurp our legal system it's extremely unlikely. I've seen the papers have shown the odd story where a handful of super strict Muslims have put up posters saying "No drinking this is a Muslim area" I just find it funny that the beer you'd be drinking probably came from an off licence ran by another Muslim.

The fact that other forms of 'courts' exist is also wrong, any inhabitants of this country should abide by the law of this land not their own. Are a couple divorced by a sharia court actually divorced? I bet they could still claim benefit support from the English system if they tried, and I bet they do.
Muslims putting up posters saying 'No drinking this is a Muslim area' is OK if they are applying that to Muslims only but any report I've read implies that they try to apply that to all in that area whether Muslim or not which is most definitely not OK.
"I just find it funny that the beer you'd be drinking probably came from an off licence ran by another Muslim" I find that funny to, it just shows to me they are not that concerned about their religious beliefs as they'd like us to believe.

The fact that other forms of 'courts' exist is also wrong, any inhabitants of this country should abide by the law of this land not their own. Are a couple divorced by a sharia court actually divorced? I bet they could still claim benefit support from the English system if they tried, and I bet they do.
Muslims putting up posters saying 'No drinking this is a Muslim area' is OK if they are applying that to Muslims only but any report I've read implies that they try to apply that to all in that area whether Muslim or not which is most definitely not OK.
"I just find it funny that the beer you'd be drinking probably came from an off licence ran by another Muslim" I find that funny to, it just shows to me they are not that concerned about their religious beliefs as they'd like us to believe.

Lot's of people aren't married here yet their marriage is recognised as legal take Mick Jagger.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jan/19/5
Likewise if two people divorce amicably they can dissolve their partnership im sure the judge would just be required to recognise the dissolution in a single hearing rather than the trench warfare that normally ensues when a divorce is sought. It's just mediation by another party.
I'm no expert on benefits but there isn't a huge benefit that's given to married couples who co-habit as opposed to those who live together is there? It's probably beneficial if they actually seperate as they can claim as seperate parties. I know benefit fraudsters are often charged with NOT declaring a partner so i guess thats the case.
The guys who tried to enforce their alcohol ban were arrested and charged so that's that matter pretty much sorted. Muslims themselves don't need a reminder (Mind if you go to the bars in Bahrain, Dubai, Doha , Amman, Ankarra etc maybe a few could do with seeing a poster or two)
"They" doesn't exist as a single cohesive unit, that's the thing. We have the Muslim kids who are maybe 2nd or third generation English who identify themselves as Muslim cos they wont eat bacon, but you'll find them knocking back Jaegerbombs in a club and smoking weed with their girlfriend at the afterparty.
That's healthy (not in the medical sense) It's integration they are to Islam what the people who identify as being Christian but go to church 3 times in their life (birth, marriage & death) are to Christianity.
I've just looked at the guy who is putting up the "shariah law zone" poster. In the article The guy is a white bloke with ginger hair and a ginger beard. Go figure.

OK the poster people were arrested and charged, that's good but it's not so much the act I object to, it's the attitude behind it.

OK the poster people were arrested and charged, that's good but it's not so much the act I object to, it's the attitude behind it.

I agree.
I spend six months a year living under sharia law in the Middle East.
Not a single one of us westerners would dream of putting up posters suggesting, burkas to be removed here, Miniskirts mandatory in this area, All persons to be suitably pissed during hours of 9pm and 4am saturdays.
You give people freedoms and i guess that leaves it open to abuse but then its better to be free to allow those abuses by the tiny minority than curtail the freedoms of everyone.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back