Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 70

I've finally got onto Photobucket, so let's see if I can publish a photo of my KZJ:

BirchamNewton.jpg

Yep, that worked! Excellent. I'll now bombard the site with photos (only kidding).

I've had this beast for seven years now, and it's the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned (and my car history started in 1975). It has 120,000 miles on the clock, has passed it's last 6 MOTs without costing anything, and makes me smile every time I drive it (especially when I pass a Land-Rover).

The pic was taken a couple of years ago at Bircham Newton playday, BTW.

Re: your 70

Hi John

Nice Cruiser!! :D

I have myself purchased a KZJ78 Prado 3.0 td (5 door) in Jan 2010 and I agree... 5 months down the line and I was already offered a £1000 more for what I had paid for her.
Not just a good investment but.... what a nice vehicle to drive!
Cant make out on the pic.. are yours a 3 or 5 door? Why Im asking... would like to know the differences between the 3 and 5 door (performance, consumption ect ect).
Would love to buy my better half the a nice 3 door.

Keep on having fun! :D

African Drifter

Hi - sorry, I've been in france for a few weeks and only just logged back on here. It's a three door. I've had as much as 32mpg driving very carefully on a long motorway trip; I usually get 25-27mpg. The lowest was 20 which was mostly towing a one ton caravan at 85mph on French motorways. Excellent towcar - I've pulled 3.5 tons of gravel-loaded trailer several times. Now looking a bit tatty - or patina'd as they say in the US. Thinking about roller painting it before the MOT in July.

Re:Thanks!

Hi John.

Thank you for the info,... great! Its actually amazing because that is about what mine (5 door) is giving me. The spec (Japan) show that they should be more or less the same.
Want to take mine (before I change anything) for a round trip to Belgium, Amsterdam, Black forrest in Germany and Switzerland, then back thru France and over to Cornwall and up to London again to really test the
performance and consumption on various roads and small trails, then do it again (after all the mods) and see the difference.

Anyway,... thanks again and best wishes for the MOT,... sure she will fly thru!

Enjoy! :D :D :D

African Drifter

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back