Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80 in the Garage

Ecoman

Country Flag
scotland
My 80 has gone in today to get a new cambelt, 3G grooved brakes fitted, pads, handbrake shoes, all the fluids and filters changed and a general full going over. I would have done it myself but the thought of scrabbling around outside on an uneven, granite chucky driveway, with the cold wind off the north sea whistling up my jacksie. All my appendages losing their feeling and turning blue and the missus calling me in to deal with a trivial matter every 5 minutes made me think twice and call in a grown up.

I rang Jim King Autotune and booked it in for the work...Of course Jim was delighted as he always seems to go on holiday shortly after I have paid him in severed limbs. Funny that it must be the stress of working on one of my motors :roll:

Anyway I will be without my beloved for a few days and when I get the call I will be going straigh over to pick her up and assume the position as he shafts me with the bill. :o

I hope it doesn't stress Jim out too much this time as he will have to spend 3 weeks in Vegas to get over it this time!! :lol:

Ah well easy come, easy go, eh? :cry:

Take it like a man Bill...

And then get him to fit your bash guard too!!!

Nah, you can do it while Jim's chucking the dice around the craps table... :lol:

:lol:

I'm glad and had a bit of foresight and left my spare keys at the garage too. I got a phonecall at 08:10 this morning from Alan the mechanic doing the job, asking if I had a spare set of keys. He had forgotten about the autolock. I just laughed and told him where Jim had put them :lol: :lol:

Alan said that Jim was going to be late in this morning as he was looking at villas in Barbados for his spring break :?

Only problem with Jim is he is a "landrover" man!

Got my camber/caster/tracking done at this place last year. It was hard to find a garage that would do this!

Aye but Jim is a decent bloke and he calls a spade a spade and thats what appeals to me. Sometimes I can get a bit picky over trivial things and he just tells me to shut up whinging and live with it until its in for service next :lol:

I got it back yesterday as my god what a difference. Its like having a new truck all over again. Its so much more responsive and not smoking as much as it was. I feel better about driving it now that I know it has had a new timing belt and new 3G brakes :dance:

He hasn't given me the bill yet so I'm going to enjoy it for a while until I get the call tomorrow :lol:

Jim did say that he and Alan (the mechanic who worked on it) had a good look over and under it and they were suitably impressed with its condition. Alan even said it was a pleasure to work on. This makes me so much happier about what I have bought now too :dance:

Andy, is your truck green? I remember seeing one in there last year when I was in and out of Jims garage with a poorly Hilux gearbox.

Back