Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my 90 series

Had these made
As the standard ones are to thin and thay snap
20160712_150436.jpg

Loving the look Ste, awesome colour. The build is coming along - looking very smart!! :)

Great build,

With the upper link arms, are you sure you don't have another problems if they are snapping? I had one snap but it was caused by the axle mount shearing and the new one not being aligned correctly. Since the mount was realigned I've not had any further problems on any of my trips.

Can I have a close up of the black and the texture? How did you paint it on?

No there fine ive checked them
It was due to major articulation that they snapped.

The paint is textured its for bed liners in pick ups
Its fantastic

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its painted on with a schults gun
The bottles go straight on the gun
Have a look on the net its called raptor paint
20160725_141511.jpg

Thanks for that. Looks a lot better then I thought it would. Does it change texture depending on how far you hold the gun?

I think I will give it ago on something.

Did you use a tinter?

Great build,

With the upper link arms, are you sure you don't have another problems if they are snapping? I had one snap but it was caused by the axle mount shearing and the new one not being aligned correctly. Since the mount was realigned I've not had any further problems on any of my trips.

I'm not convinced about poly bushes on those arms. I had one snap on my 90 and one on my 120, both within a month of fitting (Milner) poly bushes. When I recently welded a new chassis mount on my 120 for one of these, one end of the arm had ovalled the hole through the Toyota bush so I swapped it for a poly bush I had lying about. If I look under the car now, with the axle well articulated it's clear the original bush at one end of the arm is allowing a lot of twist relative to the poly bushed end.

dont really understand what your trying to say sorry

As for the raptor paint you can buy a tintable one and add any colour you like

I'm not convinced about poly bushes on those arms. I had one snap on my 90 and one on my 120, both within a month of fitting (Milner) poly bushes. When I recently welded a new chassis mount on my 120 for one of these, one end of the arm had ovalled the hole through the Toyota bush so I swapped it for a poly bush I had lying about. If I look under the car now, with the axle well articulated it's clear the original bush at one end of the arm is allowing a lot of twist relative to the poly bushed end.

Interesting this Rob , my truck stands about 6ft 6" tall without a roof rack and i have lost count of how many times the rear axle has torn off a bump stop but i have never broken an upper trailing arm . I have rubber bushes in them bought from ebay iirc .

Back