Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my '95 - new to LC's

As you are local, any recommendations for injector servicing?
Driveline vibration noticeable at low revs consistent with lumpiness/misfire. Solve that solve vibration possibly. Service kit is on its way here!

The company that I used aren't actually local to Surrey, but came highly recommended by Julian V. I don't regret using them as their service was excellent and they even showed me what they were going to do, and then afterwards the difference that it made on a bench mounted setup - the injectors went from spraying to misting (like they are supposed to). I think they are called RVS Diesel - maybe someone on here can confirm?

So, she's had a service today, quick brake check at the front, oils/filters.
That blasted oil filter was stuck solid - I suspect it had been tightened with a filter strap as it was marked if you know what I mean.
A challenging angle it's at, bearing in mind not many normal filter wrenches/chains etc fit.
In the end it was an FBH that moved it once I had planned where to put the dent in it to whack against - hate doing that, but it was last chance saloon to get it off...
Still got the slight misfire which I will be investigating further once I have put some injector cleaner through.
Tomorrow for the radio/Bluetooth install...

Well, its VIC test tomorrow then swing into the painters on the way back to price up doing the bonnet, tax her and she is good to go. So...tomorrow night...I can hopefully start to get used to my first LC

Last edited:
Well, two days on the road, and I'm getting on with her ok!
Bonnet getting painted this week.
Brakes though feel quite spongy which isn't ideal in a truck this size, there are 9 clicks on the handbrake.
Will bleed as a matter of course, and check for a bulging flexi. Any thoughts lads? I've checked the pads at the front which have loads of material left, not looked at the rears yet. Just wondering if there is something quirky to Toyota I don't yet know?
Thx

Back