Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my landcruiser drifts all over the road and I can't find what the culprit

AUPLUMBER

Country Flag
australia
my landcruiser drifts all over the road and I can't find what the culprit

Is it this ?

images

Check all the suspension and panhard rod etc bolts. My FJ started doing weird wandering behind and I found a loose upper control arm bolt (they’re renowned for undoing them).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
every direction left right. I HAVE A HZX150 SERIES. IT WAS A WAGON BUT IT'S CUT DOWN TO A SMALL TRAY

I HAVE SPENT HOURS. FIXING SHIT THAT NOT THE PROBLEM . I NEED SOME DIRECTION . I'VE HAD WHEEL ALIGNMENT MECHANICS LOOK AND THEY SAY TS GOOD .BUT IT FEELS DANGEROUS OVER A 100 KM

so the problem started after the chop?
same wheel base just the chassis reduced in length?
maybe your not used to the new driving characteristics of shortened rear/reduced weight?

I know this sounds elementary, but are your tyres pumped up properly?

If you've been driving on sand/ unsealed roads and had your tyres deflated, and not fully re inflated that can cause a drifting effect.

Won't the 150 have traction control and all those demented digital demons ?

Steering rack bushes - wear will not show on a visual inspection without the rack being disconnected from the hubs.
Also take a cross measurement - right rear hub to front left hub and vis versa. If these are not the same then it could be a worn bush in the rear suspension.
I know nothing about 150s but had a similar problem years back on my 40 and it was a worn bush. The cross measurement gave me the clue.

Regards,

Rodger

another thought... does your steering damper need replacing?

I have replaced nearly all the bushes & new steering damper I'm really at a loss I took it to peders for a steering & suspension check they gave me a list that I have already started telling me to replace bits I have already done & said that they could do it for a bill of 7000$ gotto sort it soon I need it for work .

Thanks for the input I dont want to sound ungrateful I Have done most of the obvious things but still stuck people have looked at it that should know and they say can't see anything amiss

Put a load on the tray see if it makes a difference .

Thanks for the input I dont want to sound ungrateful I
Don't worry, you don't sound ungrateful.

Plus most of us on here have been in your situation of trying to solve a problem that doesn't want to be solved.

Keep looking.... you'll find it

HZX150 SERIES

Is what exactly because google can't find it ?

We understand your frustration because we have all been there in some way shape or form but so far your not helping us to help you because your question is basically "how long is a piece of string"

Give us some pics and/or a breakdown of modifications , give us some clues ?

Back