image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    863.8 KB · Views: 229
I think I'd need to drink that case of wine first. Looks like quite a challenge there. 2 or 3 weekends at least!

think i will leave most of it how it is, I like the desert look, we are doing the same to one we sold to a customers and its starting to look pretty good. oh yeh and its a lot cheaper to if we don't repaint which might play a big part in while i like the rough look

If you coat the paint with a semi matt clear cloat and it will last a lot longer then if you just leave the oe paint.
This looks spot on. love it.

i thought that to but I spoke to the body shop and they said it will end up looking nasty and might react as well. I did a bit of research and the guys in the USA us ACF50 on their rusty Rat Rods which is aviation anti corrosion product which will stabilise the rust and protect. I think it is a bit like a waxy WD40 and they say just to polish it on , any way i think i will give it ago

Cant comment on it's use here, but been using ACF50 on my motorbike for years. Just before winter and storing the bike I coat all the metal bits with ACF50 and it stops any corrosion. Love the stuff

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
cool, somebody said that people use it on push bikes to. does it change the finish,, i mean does it look shinny or waxy at all?

Not as far as I can tell. I spray it on and just leave as is. I try and avoid the plastics, but everywhere else gets coated. Come spring, I give the bike a good jet wash and you can't tel it's been on.

Use acf50 on my bike too (just don't go near brakes or rubber components with it) and it doesn't alter the paintwork at all ... Not cheap though

thanks mate, its a long way off perfect but is the best RHD pre 1970s I have ever managed to buy. I had one just like it, sold it, and regretted everyday

Back