SamW

Supporter
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello, I am Sam & got my first 80 home last night.
My Dad (Andy on here) has one and I like his so much I managed to get my own now from a friend of his who has done about 4 trips with him across the Sahara, including Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania & Mali, so he knows the car quite well.
it has been stood since coming back from its last trip to Tunisia, Libya & Egypt in 2012 and was covered in moss & dirt.
we trailered it back home yesterday & spent the day cleaning it up & removing sand.
its an 80 automatic 12 valve, with loads of stuff & equiped for over landing, but needs some tlc and a check over before I take it for its mot.Some of the stuff on it already includes a Tjm winch bumper with hydraulic winch & plasma rope, and recovery points and underbody protection, intercooler, on board air & tank fed from an engine mounted & driven compressor ( can't remember the make of compressor but it fills the tank really fast to 9 bar) with numerous outlets for air tools etc. It has a split charge system to 2 leisure batteries in the back, a webasto heater, charging system for plugging in at home, long range fuel tank (170 l), kaymar rear bumper & twin wheel carrier, fridge, roof rack & all sorts of other stuff, I can't think of it all at the moment.
there are hopefully a few photos attached after we had given it a wash.

i need some side steps,carpets (as these have been removed), a couple of front door cards for starters so if any one has got any going cheap!!

i have been to Lincombe once, Stratford a couple of years ago and went to bad Kissengen this year.

Congratulations Sam.
She looks a beaut and lots of goodies on it. Doesn't look like your going to need to do much on it.
I gather we will be seeing you at some of the meets then?

Enjoy....

Thanks guys im over the moon with her. no not a great deal to do to it just figuring out what all the little buttons and knobs do. yeah il be doing what meets i can il be at stratford

karl i understand your the man to talk to about parts i cant pm you at the moment tho.

Congratulations Sam! An excellent buy. The 80 has had an adventurous past, and I'm sure after the TLC you'll have many great adventures.

Enjoy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks yeah its been on some adventures and plenty more to come

thanks karl :)

Sam, gooood job as they say. Looking good. Bit confused though. Isn't your dad called Stan?

Ha ha.

Enjoy fella, looks a fab machine.

Looks like a great catch there Sam. Not much to add to that on the offroading/overlanding front then! A bit of a spruce up and there's years and many 1000's miles left in it no doubt. Plus it's in the best colour ever realised to the general public :thumbup: Just sayin'.

thanks chris haha i think it might be and yeah a bit of tlc and a spruce up i totally agree with you on the colour :)

Cracking truck Sam. Looks like whoever did the wiring and switches worked on fighter jets. :)

Welcome to 80 ownership and to the forum. Glad you got it started too. :)

That's a sweet first LC for your Same, congratulations! Looks on good set up to me.

Welcome Sam nice setup .......those switches look cool is there one for the ejector seat ....lol :dance:

Hi Sam weĺcome that is one cool looking cruiser you will have a lot of fun with it from Tony

thanks guys just sorting out a few bits on it getting it ready for the mot so having fun tinkering at the moment as sor the switches i think the pervious owner worked for nasa :)

Nice looking truck buddy,looks like a rally car setup with the switches

Back