Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MY NEW SNORKEL HAS ARRIVED

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello All,
Well after much trepidation, I decided to go and buy me a snorkel.
Many will know. I am in China, so I decided for the price of them, I will give them a go.
Well first impressions are, that I could probably drive over it, or use it to chock the wheels on a hill slope.
I didn't think the walls were so thick ?
These walls must be at least 5mm thick !

SAM_0280.jpg

SAM_0282.jpg

SAM_0287.jpg

SAM_0288.jpg

SAM_0289.jpg

SAM_0286.jpg

SAM_0285.jpg

SAM_0290.jpg

SAM_0291.jpg

If any one can see any thing wrong with it, ie, those of you who have already got snorkels, then please shout up.

Every thing is there, that I can imagine.
The price £42 is amazing.

So I will lump it all to Korea with me, and when I return to UK in a few weeks, I will look towards fitting.

I know there are fitting instructions available, but I would also appreciate any tips, clue's, and hints, as to make the installation more sound and waterproof.

Graham

That looks fabulous for the money Graham - how many can you get in your suitcase???

Looking forward to seeing it on your truck :)

Do you have a price for 80 series snorkels?

Cheers

HI Graham

Looks good - double check that template, and note where you need the big hole too.

I managed to locate a second hand safari.

Graham said:
The price £42 is amazing.

Can't comment on fitting etc, but at that price you can't go wrong!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It looks like it is all there. It would be interesting to put it next to the "real" one and see the difference. It's probably an exact copy for far far less.

As for installing it, see the writeup where Gary and myself put one on. Lots of info there.

Two things I must add, not sure of they are in the other one or not:
In your 2nd last photo, the bottom right stud, which when mounted is the furthest back, tighten that first. If you leave it till last, you cannot get the nut onto the stud as it's a very tight fit in there.
Use a liberal amount of black silicone on the joints and don't over-tighten the clamps. There is precious little meat under the clamps and they popped off quite easily when the silicone is still wet. As the tube was in the wing, you can't easily see it's popped off.

In the other thread, Gary lists the part numbers for the plastic clips. Order new ones from Toyota and break the old ones off (side-cutters work). It's not worth the hassle of trying to get them out undamaged. They 60p each and I think you need £12 worth.

Not nice drilling the whole into the side of your shiny truck... :shock:

Back