Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My pair of 80s

Taken a while to post this - but a few weeks ago I drove home the 8-seater 80 I've been after for a while. Regular readers will probably recognise this truck!

front.JPG
rear.JPG
trucks.JPG

Very happy with it. Had been looking for an 8-seater to replace my 5-seater import, as I've got 4 children now - and last winter (which was tough in mid-Wales) we couldn't all get out together as we couldn't all fit in my old 80, and the wife's Galaxy isn't up to snow.

Now I've got this one, given the fantastic condition it's in, I've now decided to keep my 5-seater on the road as part. I was going to relegate it to my fields only - but I've decided to continue using it as my daily driver (well, I only do 40-50 miles, driving it a couple of days, in a week). The 8-seater is going to be special occasions (the children love being chauffeured in it) and winter weather only.

(Got to give a plug to Chris Knott here. I was well chuffed to get a brand new policy - my third - with no no claims to bring to it for £270, no limited mileage. Having two other policies with their own no claims did help of course.)

No mods planned - I'll have my work cut out keeping it looking as good as the day I bought it!

I hope you are totally happy with the Cruiser Piers, It was fantastically reliable and I loved every mile I drove in it.

Andy

Nice pair - You could ditch the Galaxy and have "his and her's" 80s :icon-cool:

Nice pair - You could ditch the Galaxy and have "his and her's" 80s :icon-cool:

I like having two 80s to myself :dance:.

To be fair, though, the Galaxy is much faster, and a lot more fuel efficient. We do about 12k a year in that, which would be expensive in an 80!

Back