Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mystery fabrication

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Any guesses what my latest fabrication is going to used for!

main bar is 150cm long and its made with 50x50x4mm box section

2012-01-24%2021.02.00-1.jpg

Was going to say draw system, but you have one of those... so I'm going with a Dog guard... failing that... a short flag pole?

I know, you're anticipating bad weather, it's a Snowplough :lol:

Aaah! You're making my cantilever hoist brackets to get my roof tent on and off single-handedly!

Or your roof tent, perhaps!

And Gary is correct! - but he should know, has he has helped to lift the heavy bugger twice.....

but Sorry Gary its for my roof tent and not yours....

so its a "jib-crane" to fit to garage wall above the door!
ordered a electric hoist winch to bolt onto it

chas, a snowplough is a fine idea! i have thought of that before, but figuring out where to attach it and how to control the blade height put me off.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm - think I might have to order one of those from you :lol:

You've seen what the last attempt did!!

How are you attaching it to the wall? In a sleeve, or rawl-bolted directly to the wall?

Gary Stockton said:
Hmm - think I might have to order one of those from you :lol:

You've seen what the last attempt did!!

How are you attaching it to the wall? In a sleeve, or rawl-bolted directly to the wall?

If I have enough steel left - sure! I can make you something. think i have nearly 3m of the 50x50x4mm box left!
yes- your wall didnt like the last attempt :(

To attach it, I have ordered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Heavy-Du ... 27c2a5c02a

to go on Garage wall. I think they will be beefy enough

I have also ordered 6x 12mm (300mm long) threaded bar/rod. these will go through 12mm holes through the 200mm garage wall (and the steel girder/lintel of the garage door enterance for lower bracket) Upper bracket will also have a 6mm thick steel spreader plate on inside of wall.

I didnt think sleeves would be strong enough. RTT is 60kg and my "jib-crane" is at least 15-20kg without the 8-10kg winch

Kidding on the fabrication, but I may nick your plans!

Was thinking of making up a frame to extend out to 2 legs from the top of the garage with a travelling rail down the middle for the hoist. Out with Sketchup again I think :lol:

Andy

if the walls are solid brick or block some resin anchor type product and some threaded stud and nuts is the way to go, will not pull that out the wall!
Heres one option but there are many on the market, this one is useful as it fits a standard mastic gun and does not need a special gun to apply.
Once started do all the squirting in the holes so the nozzle does not block when setting!
Have fun.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-p ... 75ml/53359

Refitting the gallows for short people?

finished it today

the jib frame heavy, so had to fit hoist after hanging frame on garage.
afterwards i added a hook above the crane, so i can winch the thing up there!

IMG_3659%2520%2528800x600%2529.jpg

holds me!

IMG_3660%2520%2528800x600%2529.jpg

and a frame to mount hoist inside garage on wall to hoist the RTT to rafters via some pulleys
IMG_3661%2520%2528800x600%2529.jpg

Yes Crispin you were close, especially if SHWMBO got hold of the hoist control

Nah! the wheels are still touching the ground. :lol:

Back