Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Neat little cable connector

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Came across these on Car Builder Solutions this week. Essentially they are a mini common cable connector. They come in three and five gang. All you do is strip the end, lift the arm, push the cable in and snap the arm shut. Neat way to join several wires to earth, share a live or even mend a break quickly on the run. They handle quite a wide range of cable sizes, so tidy for connecting several small feeds to one main feed for example. Bag of five was something like £4.50 They seem pretty secure when closed and the live section is well shrouded too. Just handy to have around. Also good for temporary lash ups when designing something or other on the vehicle.

Attachments

• P1010544.JPG
    P1010544.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 196
Handy thing to just pop in the glove box if nothing else. They pretty small. Size an Opal Fruit. No, not a Starburst. An Opal Fruit. Or maybe a Chewitt.

these are a connector called a Wago

I have used them extensively in my work as an electrical contractor. They are principally designed for household electrics. I don't think they are rated for DC currents. Despite what the advertising literature says they can be tricky to use on stranded wire, even 1.0mm lighting circuit stranded cable so check the security of fixings carefully. I tend to find folding the end of the strand over helps.

You can also get an IP rated box to contain them.

I would be cautious for using them as a permanent solution in vehicle wiring, but it is definitely better than twist and tape which is never an acceptable solution except in the most dire of emergencies!!

You should note each input is not electrically separated, but the opposite. Each inlet is connector to the other, unlike a strip of choc blocks. I have seen people try and connect phase and neutral in the same Wago, which tends to make for a big bang!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They have different ones for stranded wiring, I got a box of them from screwfix and you get a few of each type. Agree with the above sentiment, they are not designed for massive amounts of current.

Back