Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

need advise

cool change

Country Flag
australia
Hi, to all members. can someone advise me , Im inspecting 2 Landcruisers, one is a 93 gxl diesel and a 94 gxl diesel . the first one is non turbo , the second one is turbo, the price difference is $4000 q. is turbo worth an extra $4K ?
both appear to be in good condition.?
any thoughts, ?
thanks,
kevin Cool Change.

Hi Kevin, it's not my place to say whether turbo is worth 4k AUD but there's quite a difference in performance between the non-turbo and the turbo 4.2 diesel.

I don't know about top speed or cruise, but certainly you'd feel the difference on acceleration. Have you driven them both? I suggest you do, especially if you're tempted to buy the non-turbo.

Mine is non-turbo and it accelerates like a lively slug. Plenty of torque when you need it offroad and I'm quite happy with it because my boy-racer days are long gone, but you must drive it before you decide.

£2,200 is quite a lot of difference but it may be for other reasons as well as the turbo issue. Non-turbos are not so popular, and it's probably hard for the seller to shift.

Last edited:
Hi Clive, thanks for the feedback. How good is the net, Im talking to someone in Romania,? just great.. We will take your advise and drive both vehicles , but like yourself my rev head days are over, as long as its got the grunt power, thats more appealing. The dealer did comment, the non turbo was in better original condition, and if it had turbo he
would be asking an extra $6K. the car is priced at $10k with a 2 year warranty, done 360,000 k. anything else I should look out for please advise.?
regards to all in Romania,

kevin cool change.

Back