Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Netgear Readynas Duo

Dave Docwra

Hi, Anyone know what it means when the blue power switch is flashing continually? :?

Don't know but here are a number of different reasons: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic ... 35&p=88346

Some other topics seem to suggest there is a fault on the file system and it's rebuilding. hurray up and wait was the general response. When it's done fixing it, it'll stop blinking.

Have the hand book? If not, a prayer book? :?

If you can see the unit using the Netgear Raidar utility it should tell you what the Duo is doing.

Cheers

Thanks Guy's, It is doing my brain in.

I keep resetting it & waiting upto 24 hours for it to rebuild/boot, then when that fails start again doing something different & again waiting.

Handbook/pray book very limited.

Raidar can not find it so no Frontview to check what is going on, I have just fitted a new hard drive so I will leave it again for another 24 hours before launching it into the unknown.

24 hours is not that long if it is rebuilding. I have an array which takes a weekend to rebuild a lost disk. Have you rebuilt before?

If the Duo is resyncing a volume it will usually show up on Raidar as such. I can't remember how long it took mine to resync 1.5T but it wasn't 24 hours.

Is this a new disk you're adding or a replacement for a failed one?

What size is the current/new disk?

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Crispin, never rebuilt before, there is very little stored on it as it would not work previously with Win7 to recently, hence the reason to fire it up & use.

Hi Richard, I gave up with the 500gb disk that was fitted & have now attempted to try it with a new 250gb disk.

I check the netgear router that it had been previously working with & DHCP is turned on, it is also not showing up as an attached device. I think that is why Raidar can not find it.

I've got both a Duo with a pair of 1.5T drives and an NVX with 4x500G drives, both work with any OS I try to connect to them with.

Have a look here http://home.bott.ca/webserver/?p=346 for help in setting up a Duo from scratch. There's some info on resetting drives used previously in other systems.

Also have a trawl through the forums on readynas.com as Cripsin suggested. Loads of info on there.

Cheers

Sorry, can't be of more help. I don't use netgear (still don't believe they've actually got a user! :ugeek: ) so can't shed much light one it. :(

I hope what little you have stored on there you can retrieve or worst case, you not precious about :shock:

It may be corrupted and need to do a Boot recovery, either TFTP Boot recovery for Flash based systems or RAWWriter for USB or CF based systems. You can download stuff off the Netgear site to do this stuff. Sorry, never seen one of these devices before, just done a quick search on the web and come up with this as a possible.

There is also mention of possible DIMM memory module re-seating. Often works to sort out problems on PCs so don't see why it wouldn't be worth it on one of these.

Thank you all for your help, I think I will stick to mechanics & send it of for testing & maybe repair.

Thanks Again
Dave.

Back