Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Cruiser owner (New to me anyway)

Peter Lincs

Hiya guys, I have just bought a 55 Reg LC5 this week after many years of Range Rover P38 ownership where I have become fed up of repairing it, been guided towards Landcruiser for reliability, hope this is to be the case, I have read a few of the posts earlier and hope the problems encountered are not common....out of the frying pan and all that...

Mine is a 72000 mile 1 owner FTSH and I have a 12 month Toyota warranty so am hoping for at least a year of no trouble...

I am looking for a towbar at the minute, looking at Witter and just wondering if its worth paying the extra for a vehicle specific wiring kit (is it just plug into the loom and play?) and also the 12S wiring where I am told a wire has to be taken back to the fuse box, thought you guys would be the best to advise me of these maybe.

Is there anything I need to be watching out for on the vehicle? I have thought about Waxoyling the underneath to try and stop metal worm from attacking it any worse, does anyone have any advice for or against this?

Good to be a member

Welcome to the forum! Search this forum for stuff - there's a fair bit around! And if the aircon magnetic clutch starts making a noise you'll need another one soon :lol:

Hope you have miles of Cruiser smiles!

Cheers

The only thing I can suggest to you when fitting the towbar is use the Toyo loom part. It's not expensive and is simple to fit and makes a neat and proper job of the install.

You'll enjoy the LC5. It's a top motor. I had one for nearly 2 years but unfortunately I killed it during the winter in the snow when I hit a wall very hard and damaged it beyond repair. I have some roof bars and recent sat nav DVDs if you're interested in buying them? They're collecting dust with me, literally, and I just want them to go to a good home!

Back