Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new forum member

FJ40_Fan

Country Flag
australia
morning all. new to the forum and hoping some of you might be able to help me find a straight FJ40 that will be used almost exclusively for the beach on weekends and local fishing trips on weeknights. I've been chasing one for a while and have been focussing on '76-'78 models. I have a healthy budget and would prefer something original that is in good shape, or one that has already had some kind of restoration work. Any advice and/or help you guys could offer would greatly appreciated.

morning all. new to the forum and hoping some of you might be able to help me find a straight FJ40 that will be used almost exclusively for the beach on weekends and local fishing trips on weeknights. I've been chasing one for a while and have been focussing on '76-'78 models. I have a healthy budget and would prefer something original that is in good shape, or one that has already had some kind of restoration work. Any advice and/or help you guys could offer would greatly appreciated.

Have a look on some of the Facebook groups; there's a pretty active forby group (forby stuff) and there's a dedicated Toyota Buy, Swap and Sell group as well. Both of these have 40 series in various states of running - non-running, which you can take your pick from.

There was a very nice one for sale in NSW (I think) on one of those pages.

Which state are you in?

What about finding a BJ40 instead of the FJ40? I ran a FJ73 and it liked fuel a fair bit.

Good Luck with the search!

Ed

Back