Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New guy from Alabama

NickG80

Your name: Nick Grabowski
Your Cruiser: 1997, 160,000 miles
Mods on your Cruiser: Rhino lined floor
Plans for your Cruiser: Right now my truck is at the body shop getting the fender flares repainted and a good buff job. I want an ARB roof rack. I plan to use it as a daily driver with the occasional weekend trip.
4x4 Experience: Owned an '01 XJ that I put a lift kit on
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: I also own a 1990 F150 with a 4.9L straight six. I am a big fan of the straight six engine.

Welcome to the forum Nick, you're not the only fan of the straight 6 in this club!

What is your 80, a petrol (gas) I presume, and there's plenty petrol heads here too!

After 15 posts or so, you'll be able to treat us to some photos of the new paint job and your truck generally.

ARB is expensive stuff, but I have no complaints about the roof rack I have, it's been on the truck for 8 years in all weathers, and there's a very little sign of rust just starting.

Hey buddy welcome to the club. Where abouts in Alabama are you from? I work quite regularly out of Mobile

Tom

Welcome to the forum Nick, you're not the only fan of the straight 6 in this club!

What is your 80, a petrol (gas) I presume, and there's plenty petrol heads here too!

After 15 posts or so, you'll be able to treat us to some photos of the new paint job and your truck generally.

ARB is expensive stuff, but I have no complaints about the roof rack I have, it's been on the truck for 8 years in all weathers, and there's a very little sign of rust just starting.

Thanks Clive. My 80 is gas. Which is more prevalent on this forum?

I will definitely post some pictures when it is finished. I have heard that I will also get access to the service manual PDF for my truck. Is that true?

Yeah ARB isn't cheap. Definitely on the wish list for now.

Thanks Tom. I am in Birmingham, AL. What brings you to Mobile?

I work out in the Gulf of Mexico, the boat I am on works in and out of Mobile so spend half the year here. Roll Tide

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Clive. My 80 is gas. Which is more prevalent on this forum?

I will definitely post some pictures when it is finished. I have heard that I will also get access to the service manual PDF for my truck. Is that true?

Yeah ARB isn't cheap. Definitely on the wish list for now.

It's mostly a UK forum so most 80s on here are turbo diesel HDJ80s. Mine's a non-turbo diesel HZJ80, same capacity 4.2lt.

That doesn't mean its total, there's plenty of the petrol version, generally they are in better condition and cheaper to buy, because they cost such a lot to run!

Back