Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New here...

Clantech

Country Flag
switzerland
Hello from Switzerland

a short introduction from my side:

Your name: Claudio Angelini
Your Cruiser: Land Cruiser HDJ80, 1997, Standard Edition with barn doors.
Mods on your Cruiser: Just starting...
Plans for your Cruiser: I'm converting it in to an overlander.... pics will follow.
4x4 Experience: Plenty. Crossed Africa from South Africa to Kenya several times. I also drive 4x4 at work..
I.m from Switzerland but don't spend a lot of time at home. Work abroad. I also own 4 Land Rovers and about 29 motorcycles. Do all the work on my cars and bikes myself.

So, more to follow in another thread about the J8 when I start the build.

Claudio

Welcome aboard Claudio:thumbup:

Good choice of truck, it will be interesting to see your approach to an overland build with the barn doors, most of these builds that go public, are with the tailgate configuration.

Mines not overland prepared, but I have those doors and like them, although I've never had a tailgate version to compare them with.

I like your intro, especially the "about 29 motorcycles" :lol:

Welcome Claudio, looking forward to pics of your truck and…mods :icon-biggrin: :whistle:.

Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes

Rich

Morning guys

nearly had my first heart attack because of my 80's. The hinges on the left rear barn door are somwhat stiff. The quote for two new ones is 700 U$ here in Switzerland..... I just need the hinges and not the entire door!
Will have to find another solution.

Regards

Claudio

Will they not loosen up if removed and stuck in some diesel Claudio? For any parts, look on Amayama.com. Or there's Partsouq.

Morning guys

nearly had my first heart attack because of my 80's. The hinges on the left rear barn door are somwhat stiff. The quote for two new ones is 700 U$ here in Switzerland..... I just need the hinges and not the entire door!
Will have to find another solution.

Regards

Claudio

Try to find yourself a local workshop with real craftsmen people working there Claudio. My barn door hinges had about 5mm free-float in them when I first got my 80 some 11 years ago.

My local workshop removed them, drilled out the pins, drove in a bronze bar and drilled it out to suit the diameter of some high-grade steel bar they had in stock.

Effectively, new bronze-bearing hinges, they charged me about €30 a pair, and they've been as good as new ever since :dance: :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello Clive

I live in Switzerland. Labour costs here are around 100 to 120$ an hour. Nobody will touch anything for as low as 30€. I'l find a solution....

Claudio

Back