Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New horse in the stable..

Gazzbo

Well folks, picked up my Landcruiser 3.0 yesterday. 152000 on the clock but pulls like a train. Very happy with it. Only problem I have found is the drivers side carpet is a bit wet (not sodden, but wet). I'm guessing this is not the matrix as it's usually the passenger side that gets drenched. Also the heating works and I'm not losing water. I recon it must be the door seal (Arf Arf!). Any advance??

Regards,
Gazzbo:eusa-shhh:

Not sure if the windscreen is bonded on the 90, but if not it could be the rubber windscreen seal has perished. Could also be the sunroof, I think the drains get blocked and cause it to leak.

Windscreen is bonded. I would suggest the drain hole under the bonnet near the drivers side wing. Had mine parked on a funny angle the other day in some heavy rain and the water wasn't running down the hole but dripping into the engine bay and tracking up one of the cables that comes through the bulkhead and dripping off the throttle peddle.

Sounds like it could be the problem. I'll give it a looksee. Thanks for the input lads.

Regards,
Gazzbo

Turns out it must have been wet from shoes and rubber mat holding the water in. Removed the mat and its all dried up. Happy days. Terrific car so chuffed to bits with it. Just need to swap the stereo for a DAB so I can get Absolute 80's blasting out. :clap::dance:

Will post up some pics soon though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
nice one - I've not long had mine, fantastic beasty's are they not?

Which DAB radio are you looking at? I want to ditch the multichanger in mine and put something with an SD card in to the slot along with a decentish CB radio

I have a JVC KD-DB52 which I bought around 3 months ago to put in my peugeot 406. It's a terrific unit and plays almost anything as well as linking up to the ipod. Halfords were selling them for £150-ish at the time, reduced from over £300. Don't understand why it has a remote control though as my fingers only half an arms length from the buttons???:think:

Just ordered a facia kit off of fleabay for £12 which includes the adapters for the harness to make it a standard iso fit. Fingers crossed it fits well and doesn't look like an extra from a Kia catalogue....

(........I know I'll get the pics up tomorrow.):shifty:

Here's a few pics

Sorry for the delay, christmas and all that entails. Been busy on the inside and will add a few more pics when it stops raining (who would have thought it would be raining in Scotland). :pray:
landy1.jpglandy2.jpglandy3.jpg

The rack is not very good and is made from wood and other bits and will have to be replaced with a PROPER full length for a rooftent, but it looks ok at the moment. I have wired in my DAB radio although the kit I bought from fleabay to make a cubby hole was pretty crap quality but will also do for the moment (the space will be taken up with a cb at some point).

Excellent engine though and the kids love the fact that its "even bigger the your old frontera dad!!".

ps. thanks for the guys who posted instructions of how to dismantle the console as it saved me a load of time and faffing around. :clap:

They do look nice in that green colour with black/dark rims - nice truck :icon-cool:

That does look nice.

I've always toyed with the idea of colour-coding the bumpers and side trims.......though never got around to it.

Are the wind deflectors effective? Been wondering if it's worthwhile getting some for mine

Nice looking truck - want a roofrack for mine now :D

Are the wind deflectors effective?

Actually they are quite good. I was intending on putting them on anyway so to have them come with the truck was a bonus. Yep a good rack is a must methinks. Had roof bars on my old fronty and it's amazing how handy they are for everyday use such as visits to B&Q for that oversized sheet of plywood thats never fitting in the car, as well as camping and long range trips.

Back