Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New(ish) to me...

Crabby

Country Flag
uk
IMG-20171105-WA0004.jpg
Hello all.

So, picked my 80 up about a month ago..... I'm sure somebody from here will probably recognise this...

I'm Chris. Originally from Newcastle (Tyne and wear) live not far from there (for now).
Mostly motorbikes since a kid, but had a fourtrak, hilux single and double cabs, surf, couple of L200s new and old in past.

The 80.....certainly been used...not particularly pretty, and a few small issues to work through, but fairly solid and good for what I'm after. I've always leaned towards spending my time and money on making sure it's mechanically sound, and cosmetics.....? meh.

There are a few things I want to change, so there may be a few goodies popping up for Sale.......

Hi Chris!

I'm also a recent newbie and enjoy motorbikes too! A warm welcome to the forum - your rig looks great :thumbup:

What sort of items are you planning to remove? Might be interested

Cheers,
Mark

Cheers Mark.

There's a few items I'm still in two minds whether to sell or store...
An satnav mount that bolts behind the passenger dash handle, and puts the satnav just to the left of the stereo.
A rear cargo carrier that bolts behind the towbar. And a full height bolt in cargo barrier, sits directly behind the rear seats.
I'll put some pics up and let you know if and when they're up for Sale, If your interested in any of them :thumbup:

Welcome Chris, import version? Great intro by the way.
Could well be interested in the roof rack if it comes up.

Andy

Ex One life adventure 80 series? If it is, it's certainly a well travelled 80, but it wouldn't worry me as it will have been maintained to a high standard as it was a vital tool to the business. IIRC Julian at Overland Cruisers did a lot of the maintenance on that truck.

Welcome by the way, good to see more 80 series entering enthusiast ownership.

Hi Andy. Yup, HDJ81. And sorry, roof rack is on the list of things definitely staying. But worth a try!

Scott... It is indeed the truck you're thinking of. And agreed...I'll take a well used truck that's been maintained by someone who knows what they're doing, over a sparkling example where polishing takes priority over oil changes.....
And yes, Julian has done some work on it...I've quite a folder of work carried out at Overland cruisers, and I was of course happy to see a pretty recent front axle rebuild in there. No sign of BEB's though...so top of the to do list..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back