Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New LC90 Owner on the way!

Geordie Paul

Garage
Hi everyone,

I am about to purchase a LWB 2002 LC 90 with the 3.0l auto D4D engine, cant wait :D . I have owned 4x4s for many years and really enjoy greenlaning all over the country.

I currently run a new shape mitsubishi l200, (not the first choice for many offroaders but still very capable :thumbup: ) I have spent a small fortune modding it, suspension and body lift, winch and winch bumper, ARB locker, snorkel, ASFIR plates everywhere!, rocksliders, 33 BFG KM2s......the list goes on.

I have wanted a Land Cruiser for ages but had not had the opportunity until now. Selling the l200 to put some cash into a house and spending the rest on the cruiser!

Had a £6k budget and have managed to just come in beneath it.

Really looking forward to modding the LC (even though i dont own it yet), i have been snooping on the site for a while and it looks great. I have been in touch with West Coast 4x4 and i am going for a 2" lift to kick the mods off. I have been told that this will be enough to fit the 285 75 16 KM2s?

I will keep you all posted with pictures.

I do have one question though, will the 33s be OK on the gearing of the D4D engine?

Any help is much appreciated.

Catch you all soon

Paul

Welcome, you'll get them all talking with a D4D 90 :thumbup:

Welcome!! Congrats on the upcoming purchase. Tommo also has the D-4D 90 so should be able to answer some of your queries!

Cheers

Hi paul,

welcome to the forum mate

Looking forward to the pics :thumbup:

Karl

Welcome Paul.... this should be interesting to watch. Another 90 about to be modded... nice!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Is it not actually a 95?

Its a colorado if that helps? Think its one of the last ones. Few miles on the clock 130,000, full toyota main dealer service history though. Fingers crossed it will be good for a few thousand more :D Don't pick it up until monday.

Welcome to the show Paul. Looking forward to seeing how your truck shapes up.

Cheers

Welcome to the fold :D

Geordie Paul said:
I am about to purchase a LWB 2002 LC 90 with the 3.0l auto D4D engine................................
.............................................................Had a £6k budget and have managed to just come in beneath it
That's a good price for a D4D :mrgreen: Well done :thumbup:

Geordie Paul said:
I have been in touch with West Coast 4x4 and i am going for a 2" lift to kick the mods off
If that's an Ironman lift that you be buying, it'll be a 40mm lift :) Most people normally get more lift than stated by Ironman after fitting as their original springs are old & saggy :thumbdown: I myself got 50mm lift over what I had before I fitted my West Coast supplied Ironman lift to Fiery :D

Geordie Paul said:
I have been told that this will be enough to fit the 285 75 16 KM2s
You will be fine with the 285's with just a little rubbing that can be sorted either with a little fettling of trim or possibly wheel spacers :!: I myself after much hesitation have fitted a set of 255/85/16 KM2's to Fiery (a smidge over 33") & have had no troubles with rubbing of any kind to date :thumbup: Even though I've now fitted the original mud flaps back on :thumbup: :D

Geordie Paul said:
I do have one question though, will the 33s be OK on the gearing of the D4D engine
I've not noticed any difference in performance between my 265/75 tyres & the 255/85 tyres :D She just pulls & pulls with an insane appetite to get up & go :thumbup: :D :D
Please note Fiery is not a D4D or an Auto or a 95 (LWB) :whistle: But you should be fine :pray: :D ;) No you should be really :shifty: :think: :)

Geordie Paul said:
Any help is much appreciated
Paul said:
Is it not actually a 95?
The Colorado comes in a Long Wheel Base version known as a 95 & a Short Wheel base Version known as a 90 :)

Here's some links & pics for you :D Hope you enjoy :)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8186

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=9121

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9081

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=8194

Photo of Fiery before the Ironman suspension lift with 265/75/16 A/T tyres :)

P8080102-1.jpg

Photos of Fiery after the Ironman suspension lift with the 265/75/16 A/T tyres still fitted :)

PA220682.jpg

Photos of Fiery after the Ironman suspension lift, but now with 255/85/16 BFGoodrich KM2's fitted :dance: :dance: :dance: :D

PA240725.jpg

Thanks very much for all your help. I will post some pics when i get it. The price is £5700 with 12months MOT and 6months TAX. Excited!!

Thanks everyone for a warm welcome! :D

Welcome mate, not too many D4D 90's around, in fact you might be the only other one.

Ref the slightly bigger wheels, the D4D shouldn't have any issues with it, the 1KZTE handles it fine and the D4D is a good bit more powerful.

Mine....

DSC_0656-5.jpg

Not much really, they don't need a lot, if anything in fact.

Ironman 50mm lift - B Package
Safari Snorkel
Extended Breathers
ASFIR Bash Plates
CB Radio
Extra in-line fuel filter
General Grabber AT2 Boots (265-70-16)

Thats it i think.

Perfect, thats what i am planning. I will have a goldfish TDS winch from my old truck, just need a hidden winch mount. I saw a post from a guy on here selling them. Will send him a message :D

Picked the truck up on monday and drove 600 miles to Devon and then back to sunny Cumbria! Awesome, love it already. Loads of power and 540 miles on one tank full (32mpg) can't be bad :D

Called in at West Coat Offroad on the way home and picked up the Ironman 2" lift......watch this space! I will post before and after pictures soon.

My only comment would be a slight vibration through the accelerator pedal at 75mph, not there at any other speed? The rear tyres are totally knackered so i suspect it could be them? I will see what happens when i swop them for the mud terrains.

Looking forward to getting out in the mud and meeting some of you guys!

Nice one. So you know what comes next..... :D

:text-worthless:

You bugger, i was just using that one too :cry:

Back