Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Lindop Brothers chip kit

I've always been cautious of power upgrades. Must put more strain on everything. Having said that, there are thousands of chipped vehicles out there happily motoring around. I must admit, a bit more power would be very welcome.

No real difference to what the Invincible produces with no other known changes so I doubt the engine / drive train is under that much more strain - certainly within its design parameters anyway I'd expect.

I went with the Lindop chip specifically because it keeps within the Toyota parameters rather than risking an aftermarket offering. The only time I felt a really needed more power was with towing and to that end I'm very pleased with the difference, no more dropping into 4th and back up to 5th with the caravan on motorway inclines.

That said, it's nice to have the quicker pickup during normal running. It does kick out a puff of black smoke when you hit the accelerator after each gear change but assume that's the extra fuelling in the system when you've dipped the clutch so I'm not worried about it.

Last edited:
Hi Trevor,

Is your's manual gearbox?

Gra

Back