Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Member Alert !

Indie

Country Flag
uk
Hi Folks,

I been looking at this group for a while now so its time to join up and say hello. Ive had 4 Landcruisers 3 x 80 series and now have the 100 series 2001 1HD-FTE I've owned her since May 19 and so far I'm in neck deep with parts bills and hours of labour time that ive done myself.. the back end was rusty so re fabricated the new panels and welds them in, the AHC was rubbish so I've sent the whole system to the bin and fitted a Peddars std kit. New wishbones top and bottom new track rod ends and all bushes replaced and 4 wheel alignment, water pump, timing belt, thermostat, all filters and fluids, removed the power heater as i can't see the need for the excess weight, the rear heater is going next week, sorted the ABS with new sensors front brake plates and ABS seals. Had the diesel sender unit out to clean the filter and fitted a CAV pre filter as well under the bonnet, its even getting a ProVent catch can and the EGR blanked off and the inlet system cleaned of all the sludge that builds up with the pathetic EGR system. The paintwork was a bit dull so had it resprayed including the side trims and bumpers, new front bumper iron new window trims and loads of trim clips, new windscreen and radiator thats a small part of the parts list but you know i love the thing even when i dropped it off today for a torque converter overhaul (yes this one had the lock up clutch problem too) inside I've fitted a new Sony head unit. So now she is ready for winter with her coat of wax oil underneath in the doors and all other hard to reach cavities. My main aim is to remove as much weight and tech stuff as possible to get rid of excess weight and things that can go wrong that i don't need. I think the 4.2 diesel 80 was the best Cruiser made, the ones i had never let me down and mostly you could fix it with a spoon !
Ill be using my 100 for mainly road work and towing a boat which is about 1.5 tons so no problem. Very interested to see how you folks are doing things and gaining knowledge of these amazing old trucks..
All the best and thanks for reading
Graham North Essex UK

Now that's a proper introduction.

I'd be interested in how you get on with the ProVent. I was looking at one last night.

Sounds rather familiar to where I'm at but I think you've gone much deeper than I have!

Great you're rescuing another 100 series from an unpleasant fate, these venerable old beasts deserve better than the neglect they seem to get.

Top job and welcome, thanks for joining and sharing!

G

Now that's a proper introduction.

I'd be interested in how you get on with the ProVent. I was looking at one last night.
Thanks Chris, Ill let you know re the Provent I've gone for the ProVent 200 have a look at the videos on Berrimah Diesel on Facebook..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds rather familiar to where I'm at but I think you've gone much deeper than I have!

Great you're rescuing another 100 series from an unpleasant fate, these venerable old beasts deserve better than the neglect they seem to get.

Top job and welcome, thanks for joining and sharing!

G
Thanks Graham seems like a great group..

Back