Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new member from Bristol

stumog

Country Flag
england
hi guys iam stuart
picked up a nice prado come over from the green oval brigade what a differance these jap things are.
i am in bristol
i work as apart time off road driving instructor 4x4 quads honda pilots
i have done lots of recovery work including hgv off road driving instruction.
i am off to mozambique in december for 9 days of off roading got a 80 series petrol to go in good job fuels cheaper.
have also a few farms in SA to look in on as well. 1 month in the sun cant wait.
would like to hear from people in the area of a like mind as most seem to be greenies around here not seen the light yet.
take it easy stuart

Welcome, unfortunately there are only a few of us sensible people who saw the light and strayed from the green oval path in the Bristol area.

Welcome to the crew - hope you have a lot of fun!

Hi Stu,
Sounds like your realising the virtues and no doubt will be enjoying the reliability of the Land Cruiser.
Greta month ahead for you, all aligned up.

Gra.

Hi Stuart

Welcome to the forum.

What you need now is to join Wessex 4x4 Response and out all that skill to a good use....

Regards

Pete

Welcome to the forum Stuart. Not too many active members in Bristol, for some reason Bristol is full of VW campers and defenders...

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
wobbly i would be interested to find out more about the wessex response please can we talk about this.
rob your very right to many numptys in vw campers. cant beat sleeping in the back of a cruiser its a long way down when your had a few.

nice to hear from the rest of you do you guys do much inthe local area or have laning days?
i am looking for a site at the min so i will keep you posted.

Welcome .... from a bit further down into the westcountry

welcome stumog there are a couple of cruisers around bristol but not many on this forum i have done most of the lanes around bristol bath area but i find the 80 is to wide as most are very over grown. would be nice to have a bristol meet maybe some laning then on to a pub?

x_shaun good idea mate which lanes do you do in yours? i am in hanham so got lots nice and close to mine. most are a bit tight if you like the paint on your car they are ace if you dont worry. i go to the plain a couple of times ayear normally on my own which is always a good laugh. i ended up in the middle of the marathon once. did get free drinks they were handing out.

red oktober nice to hear from we do go down that way on occasions do you have so good lanes down there? i have seen some pics but not sure where or what they are really like.

i have taken it down ring spit once when it was open i had about a inch clearance each side. and all the lanes around keysham wellsway area. i got the carpets out drying after last nights weather, the flood was deep than i thought:doh:. i live in stockwoodso not fare. well if you want to meet sometime let me no you proberly seen the truck going around bristol.

sorry been a few days. ringspit is not cruiser safe. when would yoo be up for going out and doing a few easy lanes.
i have a blue prado with ats that are turned so they are black stealth look.
how about you ?

well i got a lot on till after crimbo. i have just moved in to my own place so weekends are a no no at the moment. This is a old pic below it now has a side exit exhaust front winch behind std bumper and a boot spolier next will be tyres.
DSC_0713.jpg

Back