Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member just thought of saying hello to everyone

Sebastian Imanuel

Country Flag
indonesia
Hi everyone...just sign up and thought of saying hello to everyone.

Here's some pic of my rig.. it's a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series with 1HD-T bought it new last time and some little modification had been done lately...Thanks for watching and have a nice day everyone..

20161124_131218_800x450.jpg 20161124_131204_800x450.jpg 20161124_131320_800x450.jpg 20161124_131636_800x450.jpg 20161124_131520_800x450.jpg 20161124_131501_800x450.jpg 20161124_131511_800x450.jpg

Lovely looking truck! Welcome. 1999 made 80 would be the Venezuelan made?

Regards,

Hi and welcome Seb, that's a fabulous looking 80 there!! And it has an amazing 'house' (I cannot call it a garage, it's too clean :) ) to live in. :)

Excuse the members sudden interest, we are a real friendly bunch so when something out of the ordinary comes along it is of great interest, such as your truck being later than the usual 80s we get on here. Interesting because of its age and the engine it has being a 12 valve not the later 24 valve.

I reckon @Shayne will seriously like this truck.

One last thing, errm, your profile says female and you are called Sebastian? Im just a tad confused here. :crazy:

Good to have you aboard anyway and looking forward to more stories/pics of you, your truck, your adventures and some more of your truck as it's such a great looking example.

Best wishes
Richard

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Sebastien, welcome to the forum.

Such a beautiful truck! There'll be some envy flying around the 80 owners on here!

All as the above posts really, looking forward to your future posts.

Hi and welcome Seb, that's a fabulous looking 80 there!! And it has an amazing 'house' (I cannot call it a garage, it's too clean :) ) to live in. :)

Excuse the members sudden interest, we are a real friendly bunch so when something out of the ordinary comes along it is of great interest, such as your truck being later than the usual 80s we get on here. Interesting because of its age and the engine it has being a 12 valve not the later 24 valve.

I reckon @Shayne will seriously like this truck.

One last thing, errm, your profile says female and you are called Sebastian? Im just a tad confused here. :crazy:

Good to have you aboard anyway and looking forward to more stories/pics of you, your truck, your adventures and some more of your truck as it's such a great looking example.

Best wishes
Richard

Hello Richard..thanks for reminding just changed it to male..lol. I guess I clicked the wrong button when registering was in a hurry that time.

Well in Indonesia they started selling the 80 series from year 1994 till 2000 ( last production year of the 80 series in here ) 5 years late since the first production roll out in Japan and come in 1HD-T engine. except for some of the grey market import...this is actually the third one the family own...the second one is 1997 80 series with the gas engine and limited trim just like the one in the USA expect it's a RHD ( guess it's for the Japanese market ) better than this one but we sold it off already. Also not to forgot to mention the 80 series in Indonesia only come in 2 level of trim, the VX-R which is the top level ( automatic transmission , sub tank , leather interior , refrigerator in the console box , some of them usually got the differential lock , air bags ) and the VX ( comes in manual transmission , fabric interior , quad head lamp , just less options on the car ). I guess car specification and trim level in every country is different.

Will took photo of the interior for you later...

Thanks and nice to know you Richard

Hi Sebastien, welcome to the forum.

Such a beautiful truck! There'll be some envy flying around the 80 owners on here!

All as the above posts really, looking forward to your future posts.

Hello Clive thanks.and nice to know you...appreciate it bro. I guess there are also still a lot of mint 80 series out there..just depending on how you wanna to used it ( expedition, adventure or just a city runner ). 17 years ago my Dad used to teach me to drive in this 80 series so I think a bit of restoration and modification to her would be nice..the cruiser got some personal memory. Lol

Will update you with pictures of it...

Manage to search on my phone and found some pictures of her like 5 years ago. When everything is still stock condition with the Thule Bicycle Rack.

IMG-20160708-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20160708-WA0005.jpg

Worked in Jakarta for 4 months two years back - saw a number of very nice 80's on the road out there. Only problem with Jakarta was the awful traffic jams.... nobody went anywhere very fast except the mopeds... and jezzz when it rained .... it rained 'hard'.

Ooooh, bikes on 80's photos, I can't resist... looking cool with the bike up there.

A fair while ago now, but I can't compete with the shiny black...

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

The Downhill days...

Sorry for the photo-bomb...

Worked in Jakarta for 4 months two years back - saw a number of very nice 80's on the road out there. Only problem with Jakarta was the awful traffic jams.... nobody went anywhere very fast except the mopeds... and jezzz when it rained .... it rained 'hard'.

Yes...you are right my friend the traffic is really bad in Jakarta...especially in rush hour time and when it's raining lol. You just get stuck and some part got flooded. I think you're right sometimes I saw a very mint looking 80 series here, most people just used it for city runner. Although usually the older one ends up being in Kalimantan or Sumatra for the mining and foresty industy also some for expedition. ( Check this out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj8aIKg6yNo16pHibJ3wH-A , youtube link for Indonesia 4wd TV ).

Ooooh, bikes on 80's photos, I can't resist... looking cool with the bike up there.

A fair while ago now, but I can't compete with the shiny black...

View attachment 110010

View attachment 110011
The Downhill days...

Sorry for the photo-bomb...

Wow..nice blue truck. Would be rarity here in Indonesia. I don't really see a lot of blue 80 series here also you got full ARB accessories there...been thinking of installing side bars and replacing the rear bumper with the one like in your truck. Still saving for it, hope to be able to afford it soon lol. I think you got guts...I never have the guts to try downhill riding, just some light cross country cycling and road cycling..I agree with you I think the 80 series looks cool with bicycle on the roof it's like saying "I'm ready for adventure".

Downhill is OK if you can turn off your brain at the top :lol:

The other mistake is to think you can do what you see on youtoob :eusa-snooty:

It's fun, go at your own speed and push your limits step by step. I love the speed and being able to control it when the tyres only hit the dirt on every other bump.

I'm very lucky, it's easy here with ski lifts to get you up there at 2,200m and you have a choice of route combinations coming down.

There's some nice technical runs here too, very steep and rocky, they need a lot of balance practice, a bit like trials. Good fun, but I'm getting a bit old for it now.

And my riding mates have all buggered off doing something else and it's not too much fun on your own.

Do more offroad in the truck these days, it beats skinning your shins :lol:

Your truck looks like it's straight out of a showroom!!

Back