Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member with lifted LC120. Opinions wanted

mic6

Hello folks new member here :icon-biggrin:
I just bought a 3door 2006 LC with a 2" OME kit and 265x70x17 Cooper STTs with 3mm wheel spacers
Looks and rides good on and off road
My questions:
1. Do I need to change my upper control arms? I see they moved down after the lift and was worried about destroying anything
2. If I buy 17x8 aftermarket wheels with -12 offset how many mm they will move the tire outside? (In that case I will get rid of the spacers)

Any opinions are welcomed
So happy to be here
Will post pics soon

:icon-biggrin:

Welcome along. UCAs should be fine. If you put on the different rims you pull the tyres out by 18mm or so (so you can put on 285/70x17s :lol: )

Best check on full suspension travel though, but the 40mm or so you'll get isn't really any issue.

Cheers

Welcome along. UCAs should be fine. If you put on the different rims you pull the tyres out by 18mm or so (so you can put on 285/70x17s :lol: )

Best check on full suspension travel though, but the 40mm or so you'll get isn't really any issue.

Cheers

Thank you my friend for the quick reply !
I was wrong before the wheels I am looking at are the american racing ATX81 and they are not 17x8 they are 17x9

still ok for 265x70 tire?
how do you calculate the mm you will go outside? what is the factory rim offset and size?

thanks again

OEM rims are 17x7.5J rims with a -30 offset. So 30mm spacers (which I run sometimes) give a 0 offset and let you run 285 tyres.

The 265's aren't rated for 9" rims I think so if worst came to worst, and anyone twigged, your insurers may be a bit reluctant to pay. But they're unlike to twig. Technically from what I've read you should be ok.

The web has lies of stuff on understanding offset and back spacing - Google is your friend!

Cheers

Back