Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Member!

Took the last few pieces to be yellow zinc plated (screws and bracket for the vacuum control unit). Sand blasted the rear jump seats and began the prep for paint. Front seat upholstery should be complete next week. I put the original wheels with new proper size tires on today, wow, they look small after seeing it on the large wagon wheels and oversize tires. Will be posting some pics next week if all goes well. I need to go over to the storage facility and start the Datsun Z for the first time this year tomorrow.

Started on upholstery tonight.

The restoration of my 1972 Land Cruiser is on track. I started the upholstery this evening. Completed the drivers seat base, including the restored adjustment mechanism.:icon-cool:
image (16).jpegimage (17).jpegimage (18).jpeg

Hi that is looking a top job from one of the best upholstery in the uk thanks for the pics from Tony.

Hi you have got one cool looking cruiser keep the pics coming love it from Tony.

It Lives!

Land Cruiser day, put fuel in the tank and it started up as if it had just ran yesterday. I warmed it up, adjusted the valves, plug gap, timing and dwell, it runs smooth and carries great oil pressure. Put the front sheet metal in place. It is almost ready to sit on the tires and drive out of the garage!
image (22).jpegimage (23).jpegimage (24).jpeg

If I knew how I would post video of it running. If you go to my Facebook page you can see the video.
jlp

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Took a few pictures tonight. The project is coming together. The top top side panels are painted and ready to install this winter. I will post more pictures this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving all!
IMG_1250.JPGIMG_1240.JPGIMG_1243.JPGIMG_1244.JPGIMG_1245.JPGIMG_1248.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Wow x3 its the same age as me i don't suppose you could give me an overhaul could you :?

I am looking for floor mats. I believe that I would like to go with a set of PVC form fitted for the front and rear. Input from anyone with experience in this area would be appreciated. SOR offers a set and I am in communication with a company in Australia which offers a PVC formed fitted product. Thoughts?

Media blasted parts for 6 hours today.:wtf: This represents the final parts for power coat.:dance: I will drop them off tomorrow. Valve cover, tie rods, flywheel covers, pedal assemblies, hood support, bell housing vent cover and fork boot retainer, etc..... I also cut the steering shaft to final length and installed the saginaw steering box for the final time. Ran Aeroquip power steering lines.:clap: I will get some photos of the progress soon. Happy Holidays!:music-rockon:

hey mate, about to pick my FJ40 68 up next month, what is media blasting if you don't mind me asking? cheers

There's various things that can be used for blasting, from dry ice to bicarbonate of soda, walnut shells, alumina, or grit. Basically if you send your parts to be blasted off then the blast company will know the best 'media' to use.

There's various things that can be used for blasting, from dry ice to bicarbonate of soda, walnut shells, alumina, or grit. Basically if you send your parts to be blasted off then the blast company will know the best 'media' to use.

ok thanks, and If I wanted to do as much of it as possible what would be the best way? for nuts and bolts etc. il get the majority of the large stuff done at the shop

Back