Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Peter1955

Country Flag
australia
Hi team my name is Peter I have a 2005 TD Sahara and I live in Perth WA. My rig is used for pulling my van and I have had a 3" exhaust system put on, a DP Chip from Berrima Diesel and had the transmission upgraded by Wholesale Automatics in Melbourne and it performs faultlessly. The only issue I have is that I want to upgrade the rear springs and fit airbags has anyone done this on a Sahara with the Self Levelling System (SLS).

Welcome.

I have not done this suspension mod on a Sahara but have on a Land Rover. The problem is it creates a conflict with the sensors. I am guessing that if it is the same as the LR, then you will need access to the suspension ECU via the OBD port?

Once you have access you may be able to 'lie' to the ECU and disable the reactive warning system?

Depending on your vehicle, if the sensors detect a fault then the vehicle could be put in 'limp home mode', thus reducing speed and available power.

All speculation but hope it helps?

regards

Dave

Welcome to the forum Peter, can't advise at all, owning a 22 year old 80 HZJ, but Dave seems to know this mysterious language full of acronyms and concepts of "lying" to computers.

Jeez, Apollo 13 had far fewer electronics than the average modern hearing-aid, cars just ain't cars anymore, to me.

Scuse me, I'm just getting old :lol:

Back