Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Owner: Aftermarket Cruise Control and Roof Rails?

robthebox

Hi all, new to the forum and Landcruisers, although my son (Jimbo4x4) owns a LJ78.
Just picked up a clean KDJ95 D4D and am looking to add a few bits and bobs. One thing I was hoping to fit was aftermarket cruise control but I'm not sure what this entails... is it available for this model? Can anyone give me any pointers as to where to go?

Also, are the standard roof rails strong enough to take a roof tent? I haven't got any yet but would like to fit them if it turns out they will be practical enough.

Many thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob, Gav here - Welcome to the forum dude :cool:

Jim was telling me about your new truck - sounds great; looking forward to seeing it :)

I don't have anything concrete to assist you with the cruise control or the roof rails but a buddy had some roof rails on his 80 (OEM or aftermarket I don't know) but he had problems with them when the roof tent & rack were fitted - they seemed to be collapsing into the roof!!! He ended up with gutter mount roof rails & had no issues on his trip through SA earlier in the year...

Cheers

Hey Gav hows it going
.. wouldnt want to waste time on rails if they wont stand the tent :thumbup:
Ill spend more time on other stuff.
Cheers ..Rob

I've got a retrofit cruise kit here that would fit an LC, was keeping it for a future car but might be open to pursuasion to sell it :thumbup:

Back