Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New owner

Julian Eley

Country Flag
uk
Hi, I have just put down the deposite in a 1996 Japanese export Land Cruiser that has had a lot of work done on it and looks great. That is about all I knkow so far. I do re-enactment and so carry stuff I do not want on display. It has been suggested to me that I tint out the windows but an associate says I might be able to get mesh screens I can clip in and out that prevents anyone looking in but i can see through from the inside and remove or clip in as required. Does anyone have any suggestions or contacts they can give me?

Hi Julian,
When the remainder of the funds are cleared post some pics of the Landcruiser and lets see how great it looks!

As for window security, there are 8 'windows/panels of glass' to protect.
Rear boot windows: consider Gullwings (2/8 covered) - search the forum for info.
Rear windscreen/rear passenger windows: apply anti-smash tint (0% allowed by UK DVLA law) (3/8 covered)
Front windscreen/front windows: apply anti-smash tint (70% allowed by UK DVLA law) (3/8 covered).

Alternatively add a set of lockable draws in the rear & don't leave valuables on display. Most smash & grab are opportunistic; they ain't got time to look around and plan the break in, just make it a little harder so that they move onto the Landrover next door....

Welcome aboard!

Re you question on windows etc... Personally I'd just tint the rear windows, and as mentioned above fit some locking drawers/boxes.

Hi, I have just put down the deposite in a 1996 Japanese export Land Cruiser that has had a lot of work done on it and looks great. That is about all I knkow so far. I do re-enactment and so carry stuff I do not want on display. It has been suggested to me that I tint out the windows but an associate says I might be able to get mesh screens I can clip in and out that prevents anyone looking in but i can see through from the inside and remove or clip in as required. Does anyone have any suggestions or contacts they can give me?

Welcome aboard Julian. This is a great forum with lots of helpful experience.
It's not a green one by chance is it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In answer to AndycruiserguyLomas, yes. I hope to get it tomorrow night after the wax has dried. Here is a picture I took on Friday. It will be going straight to a good guarage for a toewbar, radio etc and hope to be mobile by the end of the week.

20180307_140802.jpg

In answer to AndycruiserguyLomas, yes. I hope to get it tomorrow night after the wax has dried. Here is a picture I took on Friday. It will be going straight to a good guarage for a toewbar, radio etc and hope to be mobile by the end of the week.

View attachment 141673

Great looking Prado, I bet I'm not the only one who thought it was going to be an 80 series.

Hi and welcome looks like the one I have good old cruiser :thumbup:.

Security tinted film on the rear window and quarter lights and a cargo barrier. This should provide a relatively secure compartment.

Security tinted film on the rear window and quarter lights and a cargo barrier. This should provide a relatively secure compartment.
:text-+1: If they can’t see what’s in there they’re less likely to want to steal it.

Hi all, well, I got it just before the snow hit. Here are some pics. As far as I can see it was a family car. Runs well. Very clean with lots of work just done to be able to sell it. I have been trying to figure out exactly which series it is. A number of you thought it was going to be an 80 series. Am I right in thinking it is a 95? I will be using it for moving livestock and Viking and 15th century re-enactment (which takes me all over the England, possibly the UK) hence my desire to keep the weapons etc out of sight. :) I was intending to get a Landrover but this came up and I got it instead. Looks like I can sleep in the back.

20180307_140827.JPG 20180315_081844.JPG 20180315_081855.JPG 20180315_081903.JPG 20180315_081918.JPG

Back